Rate My Set-up Please...

System Rating is Very Poor.

You are running some real crap.

I agree, you are about to blow the crap up also

You might be able to make a walkman sound better than the crap you have their too.

I have a '98 Astro- big cabin.I have kicker rs65's in doors and tweets in a pillars-powered by boss cx650 at 150watts/side or so.

Two lanzar otpidrive 12's 1000rms/pc dual 2 ohm coils.

I have a pg1200rsd at two ohms on the subs- prefab vented box-3.5cu ft or so.

rear battery- 4ga wiring, stock alt.

JVC headunit with 3 rca outputs, usb,para eq, x-over, etc. 4 volt pre outs.

System sounds good at volume 40/50. Any much louder and it fails. Max voltage on the 1200rsd- 75volts at the spkr terminals.

Max on the boss is 48volts bridged per side.
I would beg to differ. Matter of fact I'd bet money on it.Boss is not clean power. Granted. Mids and highs sound good up to very loud. Amp runs out of steam.

Bass is pretty strong, but I don't like the tuning- need another box.

I am not new.

I can tune a walkman to knock.
WTF do you mean by "rear battery" Are you saying that you have two batteries? If so, then your saying that you only have 4gauge wire connecting the two?

Amp runs out of steam? WTF are you talking about? You mean that "Boss" POS is not doing the job? Maybe because it is a "Boss" Piece of Shit.

Your running both subs off the power that is recomended to run just one sub rms. I bet your clipping the holly FUCK out of them subs.

Prefab boxes... Wonder why the tunning is off?

Bitch, gimmie that Astro van. I show you how to get down...

who sent this ****** troll over.....
340x_custom_1242930531440_Troll_hard.jpg

I would beg to differ. Matter of fact I'd bet money on it.Boss is not clean power. Granted. Mids and highs sound good up to very loud. Amp runs out of steam.

Bass is pretty strong, but I don't like the tuning- need another box.

I am not new.

I can tune a walkman to knock.
where do these arsehats come from?

Why does everyone have this idea that the power rating is a requirement or recommendation? It's a limit not a goal, people!
I'm not defending the OP, he's clearly a troll, but seriously.
A specification is an explicit set of requirements to be satisfied by a material, product, or service. Should a material, product or service fail to meet one or more of the applicable specifications, it may be referred to as being out of specification; the abbreviation OOS may also be used. The goal is effectively and efficiently operate equipment within the specified requirements

Why does everyone have this idea that the power rating is a requirement or recommendation? It's a limit not a goal, people!
I'm not defending the OP, he's clearly a troll, but seriously.
I guess if your goal is to buy ****** equipment that wont do as it states your limited in brain power.

I apologize for the poor entry. You all can be big ******** though.

I realize I don't have top knotch equipment, but some are better than others at making do with what they have. I bought evrything second hand for cheap, and those that hear my system like what they hear. I have personally heard better- I have had systems that were louder and had more bass.

The set-up really does sound very balanced and crisp at mid to upper volumes, just not screaming loud.

The kickers sound like they can take more power and the subs do too.

I am not a troll- F-U! I am born again to the game though, so I have a lot to learn still. Apologize for the way ya'll took my post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.