Random Picture Thread

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I'm not big on candy and sweets, I rarely eat them at all, but I do love me some dark chocolate from time to time.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Uh.... The indians came to occupy said land the exact same way the 'white' people did. Talk about a double standard..
Huh? Actually the topic is still being debated. Some say Eastern Asia, Some say France/Spain, Some say South America. I know that I came from a Cherokee line our family (Mothers Side) traced back to the lower Michigan, upper Ohio region. (Mid 1700's) was as far as we could accurately document. Dad's side was European all day lol.

Spider Monkey

WEEEEEEEEEEE™
10+ year member
Apr 12, 2007
In a Cage
Huh? Actually the topic is still being debated. Some say Eastern Asia, Some say France/Spain, Some say South America. I know that I came from a Cherokee line our family (Mothers Side) traced back to the lower Michigan, upper Ohio region. (Mid 1700's) was as far as we could accurately document. Dad's side was European all day lol.
This not a debatable topic, and you just agreed with that. Indians did NOT originate in North America. Nobody did. They came across the Bering Straight and migrated south all the way to the bottom of South America. Sure there were short time visitors by boat from all over through out time, but what ended up populating North, Central, and South America were 100% migrants.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
This not a debatable topic, and you just agreed with that. Indians did NOT originate in North America. Nobody did. They came across the Bering Straight and migrated south all the way to the bottom of South America. Sure there were short time visitors by boat from all over through out time, but what ended up populating North, Central, and South America were 100% migrants.
I didn't disagree that North America was populated by people migrating here. I said it is still being debated on HOW they came. You said "Uh.... The indians came to occupy said land the exact same way the 'white' people did. Talk about a double standard.." They came by boat from Europe. The first North America settlers did not come by boat from Europe... at least the majority debating it say they didn't. Now if the statement you made is referencing simply that they migrated here and not how they migrated here, then I agree with you 100%.

As for it not being debatable... it has to be debated (Discussed) because nobody really knows. None of us were alive to witness the migrating, settling, and populating of the Americas. Not even the very educated Scientist know for sure. All they can do is offer their best "educated guesses" and theories (ideas).

My theory is we (humans) originated in the North Africa and Europe regions and spread out in all directions from there. East and West directions being the most used routes as climates and terrain would have kept travelers in a more comfortable corridor. I think that people were in North America far earlier than we think as it would have been easy to cross the Atlantic by boat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 14)

• Popwarhomie

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds