Random bass note takes over stero sometimes, lol?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LowNotes
10+ year member

When I have my bass knob all the way up and head unit volume where I keep it my **** runs good for an X amount of time and randomly my subs play a bass note which cuts my music off and it just constantly runs this bass note. Turning down the head unit volume does not change or stop the note, I have to turn my bass knob around halfway down before the note stops and the music resumes. The first time this happened was a long time ago and I ignored it, recently it happens around 8 times just on the drive to work. I unhooked all the wires from my amp and subs and put them back in to make sure they were correctly fastened. This did not fix it, bass note of doom returned about 5 minutes after music play. I also have noticed my music is skipping and randomly turning off for about half a second at random times. I don't know if it's my amp ****ing up/over heating, wiring gone bad, head unit sending bad signals or what.. Any input would be greatly appreciated, if you have any questions or suggestions on other things that might cause this please ask and I'll give more info on my setup. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

its your ground

its probably a mid to higher range pitched bass note right? sounds like wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just read the bass knob part. feel the amp right before your turn it down.. unlike home audio stereos that turn off when they overheat amps will either A. overheat and fry or B. just stop playing music until they cool down.

is that a BASS knob or GAIN knob

It's the "Bass Level" knob that came with the setup. I bought my amp, wiring, subs/box all from the same place and they installed it all. The shits been shakin my car apart so I wouldn't doubt if a ground connection has come loose. Thanks for input and any future info. And yea the bass note is a weird mid range, it's kinda low but really loud like a high note... If that makes sense lol. I don't believe it's my amp overheating unless overheating in the past can/has damaged it. I drove to the beach about 2 weeks ago and played it non stop all the way there which was more than a 4 hour drive. The bass cut off when the amp got too hot and resumed working after 5 minutes or so, happened 4-5 times and did same thing on the drive back. It takes a long time to overheat it and this problem is happening at all times even like 2-3 minutes after I start my car when its hardly had time to warm up.

As I stated before this has occurred a few times in the past a long time ago and only recently gotten worse. The trip to the beach and back overheated the amp a few times. I was also in a hit and run accident where some **** off hit me in the back while I wasn't moving and he was going around 30 mph. The first thing I did was check my system and everything worked fine and I didn't have this problem at the beach, began happening when I got home.

After some looking over, the amp ground wire was attached to a part of my trunk that was about 2/8ths of an inch thick with paint on it... Which is why from now on I'm doing my own installs. They had it attached with a small washer and small screw. Under my seat I found a thick piece of metal that's bolted to the floor of the car, I sanded off the paint and ran my ground to that. I played for a bit and the problem never happened again, I didn't do it too long because I don't want *****y neighboors. As of now though, I believe the problem has been solved but if it occurs again y'all will be the first to know. Thanks for the help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Problem occurred again driving to work today. When I got to work I turned off the "Xfer" button or whatever it's called to cut off the bass knob and to open the amp to full power all the time. Didn't have the problem at all on the drive home, amp overheated right before I got home though. I guess a Kicker amp isnt made to be full power for 45 minute drives. Oh well, buy low end **** get low end results I guess. When I upgrade I'll get a hifonics amp or something.

Fosgate amps are not too bad and do 1 ohm also. That is if you want to check them out. Some people stand by their amps, and some don't. Fosgates are hybrid class amp and do constant power like JL Audio/Alpine has been doing for years. Class B/D for Fosgate is nice. Just MPO and others might agree. Do not go for cheap low end, because I have done that for long time and all low end amps overheat. I used them and said I am sick of it, so I got the Power T5001-BD (they replaced with the new T5001-BDCP constant power) from Fosgate. Mine is still under warranty for another 1 and 3/4 years. So I would be replaced with new constant power. No cut outs at all at 1 ohm and loud and underrated. Just watch out for their subs from low to middle aren't as good. My punches work well.

Fosgate amps are not too bad and do 1 ohm also. That is if you want to check them out. Some people stand by their amps, and some don't. Fosgates are hybrid class amp and do constant power like JL Audio/Alpine has been doing for years. Class B/D for Fosgate is nice. Just MPO and others might agree. Do not go for cheap low end, because I have done that for long time and all low end amps overheat. I used them and said I am sick of it, so I got the Power T5001-BD (they replaced with the new T5001-BDCP constant power) from Fosgate. Mine is still under warranty for another 1 and 3/4 years. So I would be replaced with new constant power. No cut outs at all at 1 ohm and loud and underrated. Just watch out for their subs from low to middle aren't as good. My punches work well.

Another double post not my fault. I clicked once and it still double posted

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.