E-350 van install suggestions

kmanian
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Grand Cayman
I just got a new to me Ford E-350 11 passenger work van. I am going to use it for work, but holy hell it is huge. I am looking for suggestions and opinions as to what to put into it. I would say that with every thing I am putting in it, I can have a ~6' box. I presently have 3000w available, but could do more if necessary. I don't want to wall it, so take that into consideration. I am looking at 10" midbass on the doors maybe 2 10s, and 6"/1" combo on the A pillars. I have a couple fully loaded FI BL 12's or my Madmax 10" already. Or I could sell them and get something else. Suggestions would be appreciated

i have the mids and highs covered.

I have a Stetsom 2k5 and 2 fi bl12s but am willing to sell them and go bigger if necessary,

basically what I am asking is what would you do?

something crazy.. but tasteful.. Idk I have a car and CAN wall it but just.. don't want to lol.. I have the funds and ability but idk.. A big build would take some thinking.. check those 12s out that are being posted around on here the dude just popped up and jake helped him make em.. can't think of his name but you can ask jacob. 130 shipped for em.. 600rms low fs would be a mean ground pounder with 10+ or do one sub in a SUPER efficient big ass horn?

I have the same van but walled mine off (for reasons other than stereo equipment)

The front doors are 5x7's so you'll have to do some cutting to get 6 1/2's in there. Also, you'll need to grind down the door panels on the backside near the speaker grill when you install your comps because of how stupidly close the plastic rivets get to the speaker (had to do the same on another E350). Your welcome for telling you this because I had to learn the hard way.

Getting back on topic, IMO you need to wall it off at somepoint. But since you don't want to, build a long ass box no higher than the window line with atleast 4 15" subs. Have it starting at the very back and work it's way to the front firing up and ports to the side (works best in these vans). You should be able to get nice and loud with 3000 watts but another 3000 watts never hurts, just depends how much money you want to put into this. Is this something you want to go all out on or just throw a nice little system in?

What motor do you have in it?

something crazy.. but tasteful.. Idk I have a car and CAN wall it but just.. don't want to lol.. I have the funds and ability but idk.. A big build would take some thinking.. check those 12s out that are being posted around on here the dude just popped up and jake helped him make em.. can't think of his name but you can ask jacob. 130 shipped for em.. 600rms low fs would be a mean ground pounder with 10+ or do one sub in a SUPER efficient big ass horn?
I like the underdawg 1 sub thing.

idk any acoustic engineers so your guess is as good as mine.. someone who knows compression, wave length, etc. basically like the horn tweeters but for a sub where the frequencies are MUCH larger and so must the horn be. because as cool as like pioneer~saturns death horn is it doesn't do a WHOLE lot other than guide the sound..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.