Ram 1500 2013 car audio failure

You think I did blow them?? I was hoping it was my amp, because that thing has been giving me problems since day one, but I was thinking I might have blown them, just was hoping I didn't blow them expensive *** things. I'm curious as to why I might have blown them? I turned the gain way down on them when I got them because the tweeters where way to crisp and hurt my ears too much, i thought they could handle the small amount of power I was putting them or maybe just something isn't set correctly
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
If it was "cutting out" it is likely you were over-driving the amp. Easy to break midranges, easiest to do if the crossover points are set low and you're not paying attention to bottoming out.

Hard telling without listening, but that's what it sounds like from what you describe.

Might just go over to partsexpress and pick up some peerless or dayton brand mids to drop in their place. But when you replace them come back and let us help you set your gain and crossover points before you get too wild.

If you pull those midranges you can very quickly test if they're dead by hooking them up to a known good signal or even just using some wire and a flashlight battery to tap the terminals and see if the cone moves.

If it was "cutting out" it is likely you were over-driving the amp. Easy to break midranges, easiest to do if the crossover points are set low and you're not paying attention to bottoming out.
Hard telling without listening, but that's what it sounds like from what you describe.

Might just go over to partsexpress and pick up some peerless or dayton brand mids to drop in their place. But when you replace them come back and let us help you set your gain and crossover points before you get too wild.

If you pull those midranges you can very quickly test if they're dead by hooking them up to a known good signal or even just using some wire and a flashlight battery to tap the terminals and see if the cone moves.
I will do, thank you, you helped a lot and I understood every piece of advice you gave, I will be back whenever I need them adjusted thanks [emoji106]

Yeah custom sounds is hit or miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They ****** for me, kinda sad because they talk a big game and sound promising but just let you down, should have done it myself honestly lol

They ****** for me, kinda sad because they talk a big game and sound promising but just let you down, should have done it myself honestly lol
If you need work done, go to mobile toys in college station. Definitely nothing around rosanky.

If you need work done, go to mobile toys in college station. Definitely nothing around rosanky.

No there is definitely nothing around me, that's why I went to Austin lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.