Rainbow Speaker Purchase

keath23
10+ year member

I am considering buying either the Rainbow Power Line CS275.27 or the Rainbow Germanium CS265.25. I have read quite a few very positive reviews on the Germanium's. Has anyone heard the Rainbow Power Line CS275.27's. True there is a significant price differencde between the two lines. I am willing to go for the Power Line's if there is a signicant quality of sound difference. I listen to a lot of jazz (mainstream) and vocal music, so sound quality is critical.

I own a 2003 Honda Accord EX Sedan. If I buy the Rainbow Power Line CS275.27, I am sure I will need some door mods for the mid/bass to properly fit. I am considering using audison for the amps and JL audio for a sub.

Thanks for your input.

I am considering buying either the Rainbow Power Line CS275.27 or the Rainbow Germanium CS265.25. I have read quite a few very positive reviews on the Germanium's. Has anyone heard the Rainbow Power Line CS275.27's. True there is a significant price differencde between the two lines. I am willing to go for the Power Line's if there is a signicant quality of sound difference. I listen to a lot of jazz (mainstream) and vocal music, so sound quality is critical.
I own a 2003 Honda Accord EX Sedan. If I buy the Rainbow Power Line CS275.27, I am sure I will need some door mods for the mid/bass to properly fit. I am considering using audison for the amps and JL audio for a sub.

Thanks for your input.

Isn't the profi/profi vanadium line in between the Germaniums and the Power Line? Why aren't you considering those? I ran the profi CS365 set and loved them.

(Shameless plug: I am selling everything but the tweeters if you are interested $250)

Great question. I will also consider the Profi line and the Profi Vanadium Line. What is the difference between these two lines?
PM 6spdcoupe or 3.5max6spd of the best info. I went with the Profi line because of the paper cones, soft dome tweeter (cal26 silk) and their reputation for having a warmer sound as compared to the metal coned drivers in the vanadium/power lines. Again, I only have first hand knowledge of the Profi set I owned so I would talk to 6spdcoupe and 3.5max6spd rather than listening to anyone who hasn't owned the sets you are considering.

Isn't the profi/profi vanadium line in between the Germaniums and the Power Line? Why aren't you considering those? I ran the profi CS365 set and loved them.
(Shameless plug: I am selling everything but the tweeters if you are interested $250)
I pretty sure this is the line break down in order. I could be tard though.

Reference Line-Top of the Line Starts here and works its way down

Platinum Line

Profi Vanadium Line

Profi Cross Line

Profi Line

Power Line CS

Power Line CMX

Germanium Line

Sound Line SLC

Sound Line SL

Dream Line SLX

Dream Line KX

X Line

Either 6spdcoupe or 3.5max6spd can give a defenative answer though.

Jacka, what is it then. Below is what I could come up with.

Based on pricing this is what I come up with.

Reference-is a guess never seen pricing on them.

Platinum

Profi Van

Profi

Germ

Powerline

Soundline

Dreamline

This is based on price from what is avaliable to me. Comparing the same size and configurations based on price.

Genxx, that's right, except the power line CS is > profi whereas the powerline CMX

Reference

Platinum

Powerline CS

Profi Vanadium/Profi (Different sounds, same 'rank')

Germanium

Powerline CMX

Soundline

Dreamline

this is how it is on rainbows website

Reference Line

Platinum Line

Profi Vanadium Line

Profi Cross Line

Profi Line

Power Line CS

Power Line CMX

Germanium Line

Sound Line SLC

Sound Line SL

Dream Line SLX

Dream Line KX

X Line

Accessories

I'm also considering the Powerline CS or Germaniums. Not sure what you (the OP) are looking for, but the reason I haven't considered the Profi line is I have heard that they don't handle as much power or get nearly as loud as Germs. Both of which turn me off of them.

There are only a couple people on this forum that I know of with Powerline CS and unless you can get their personal opinions, unfortunately it is pretty much a "blind" buy if you go with them. Even so I am still considering it.

Reference Line

Platinum Line

Profi Vanadium Line

Profi Cross Line

Profi Line

Power Line CS

Power Line CMX

Germanium Line

Sound Line SLC

Sound Line SL

Dream Line SLX

Dream Line KX

X Line

Accessories
Thats where I got my original list from, then I went and checked prices. I still think unless 6spdcoupe or 3.5max6spd chim in we will still be confused.

CMX 265 - Power Line 6-1/2" 2-Way Component System-$358.99

CS 265.25 G - Germanium Line 6-1/2" 2-Way Component System-$554.99

CS 265 P - Profi Line 6-1/2" 2-Way Component System-$668.99

CS 265 P Van - Profi Vanadium Line 6-1/2" 2-Way Component System-$718.99

I cannot find any pricing on the Powerline CS but between the Powerline CMX and Powerline CS there would have to be a big price jump to get to any of the Profi line stuff. Well over 300+ dollars. This is from what I can find.

Reference Line

Platinum Line

Profi Vanadium Line

Profi Cross Line

Profi Line

Power Line CS

Power Line CMX

Germanium Line

Sound Line SLC

Sound Line SL

Dream Line SLX

Dream Line KX

X Line

Accessories
Yes, but Powerline Cs are a $1300 set of speakers...and have the 3rd best tweeter in the line.

Therefore...

Refs

Plats

Power CS...

I new we would get the be all/end all answer from 3.5Max6spd. So there we have it, the PowerLine CS FTW. 3.5Max6spd or anyone could you give the major differnces between the CS and Profi besides the tweeter the Cal27/Cal26.

Bump just on the off-chance someone might have something to add about the Powerline CS series. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.