Rainbow Profi run by PG 600.2 cutting out

Participant count
  • Participant list

bruther
10+ year member

Hello all,

I'm currently running a set of 6 1/2's Rainbow Profi CS265 with the regular woofers. I am not running active. I'm powering the speakers with a Phoenix Gold 600.2 which has rated power of 150*2. I am using the amp crossover and the component crossover as well.

My problem is that the passenger side tweeter continues to cut out at high volumes. It is always the passenger side and never the drivers side. I'm not sure why this is. I do not run the speakers past distortion but I definitely play them loud.

Does anyone have any ideas of what may be wrong?

Is that a ti600.2? I ask because I run the CMX Kicks off of mine and I had a similar problem but it was with the whole right channel. I turned out the crossover pot on the amp needed cleaning as it wasnt making proper contact.

Also I dont recall if your set has the bulb in the crossover or not? But check it as well.

Thanks i will check......But if the bulb is lighting up in the crossover why wouldn't both sides be cutting out? Its only the passenger side tweeter. The woofer seems fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.