R/T Subwoofer Boxes

Casb0n
10+ year member

I found this on Amazon - Amazon.com: R/T 300 Enclosure Series -318-12 Alpine - Single 12-Inch Slot Vented Sub Bass Hatchback Speaker Box with Labyrinth Power Port for Alpine Subs: Car Electronics

It looks like it comes from this company - RT Obcon Subwoofer Boxes For JL|JBL|MTX|Rockford|Pioneer|Alpine|Kenwood|Kicker - RTBoxes Subwoofer Enclosures

Do these boxes look like they're going to be better than any other generic prefab enclosure? They seem well made with a good porting system that's not just a hole in the box. I really don't want to spend the money to get a custom box.

Honestly, most of the input you'll get here is to shy away from prefab enclosures and just go custom. People here don't like them, but for good reason. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here, and many of them speak from experience when they tell you to just go custom and do it right the first time. And believe me, you'll be much happier with your product.

I haven't personally messed with any prefabs, so sorry - I don't have any input on these enclosures.

Rts are okay for temporary bass, i've had them back in the days where i started out with power accoustic subs they are better than the atrend enclosures for sure. But with prefab, expect some parts not sealed and there is no 45s on the corners or any fiberglass resin on the inside surface so the bass wont be as smooth and powerful as it should. They do sand down the edges for their enclosures though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.