"snickering" towards JL systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i think its time for someone to go to sleep //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol jk bro . .. i couldnt figure out y he said the same exact thing as u //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Today was way too hectic, I think it's time to have a couple drinks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif But I don't feel like drinking tonight, esp. now that it's 2 am.

*read page 2 for other response*

I love hearing all these people talk about JL being "overpriced".It really makes me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Here's a news flash.They may or may not be "overpriced" but people are willing to pay for it.So, if you could make a lot of money, would you?Yes, you'd be cashing in on every penny you can make. THEY ARE A BUSINESS! They sell products, they make money.You also have to consider, they have a lot more than 3 people working for them.Bigger facility, more advertising, custom tooling, more employees, and they offer a VERY wide selection of subs. amps, and speakers.Not to mention they have their home audio products now. All of this costs MONEY. Of course they have to have higher prices, or they'd go bankrupt. Point is, they have no problem moving their product at the current prices, so they will stay there.For whatever reason, if people are buying for the JL name or they truly like the product.

Comparing JL to "y" internet brand is like comparing a huge, fancy resturant that offers many types of food to a little resturant on the corner with bars in the windows that doesn't have many offerings.Yes, the cheapy on the corner will be of course, cheaper.Yeah, the food might be better for the price.But that is their main focus.They also have less employees, lower food costs, and less rent/utilities.This does not mean the large resturant will not/should not get any business.People pay for what they want.

So, kwitcher*****en and either fork up the cash to buy JL products, or stop bashing them because you can't afford them.No I'm not a JL fanboy, but you have to look at both sides here.

Agreed...

Better???

JL is ok street beater stuff....they have their particular niche, and alot of companies which they even had a niche.

Actually I thought the days of pepole thinking JL was a superior brand were over back in the late 90's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Honest.

I bought my 12w7 & 1000/1 about a year ago when I started my first engineering job. There is a shop in Louisville who gave me good deals on everything and I was excited about getting quality parts. I got a great product, no matter what I paid for it. In all honesty I thought I was getting some of the best equipment out there, and still feel that way. I wasn't so much paying for the name like people think, but I was paying for the quality of the product. I didn't want to spend money on something I would worry about failing on me. Also, since I bought mine on the up & up, I don't have to worry about warranty issues. Truly, think about the parts you buy and the places you buy from. A fine example is my tint job I got on my cars. I paid about $40 more for the tints than other quoted prices from a very reputable shop that had been around since the early 80's. A lifetime warranty through them was just that, a lifetime warranty. Odds are, if I had gone with another shop quoting me much cheaper prices, that lifetime warranty may not have been so "lifetime". See what I'm getting at?

One thing that I get alot is people who automatically assume that because I have a w7 I think my system is better. They usually come up to me and say something along the lines of "you should hear my system, it's louder than yours". That's the kind of pride I can't stand, and I believe that is what makes people hate JL products, because they see others assuming that JL owners are big-headed about their equipment. However, I truly believe that it's a benchmark for a reason. My logic is that if it weren't a good product it would have never gained the power it has in the car audio market. Maybe the price has risen, but what about all those RE fanboys who swore by them, then turned around and said "they're good, but they're too expensive" when they increased prices...

Since I've bought this setup I've learned a whole lot about other brands. When it's time to buy something else, I'll definately shop around, but by no means will I cross JL products out because people simply think they're too expensive.

I love hearing all these people talk about JL being "overpriced".It really makes me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Here's a news flash.They may or may not be "overpriced" but people are willing to pay for it.So, if you could make a lot of money, would you?Yes, you'd be cashing in on every penny you can make. THEY ARE A BUSINESS! They sell products, they make money.You also have to consider, they have a lot more than 3 people working for them.Bigger facility, more advertising, custom tooling, more employees, and they offer a VERY wide selection of subs. amps, and speakers.Not to mention they have their home audio products now. All of this costs MONEY. Of course they have to have higher prices, or they'd go bankrupt. Point is, they have no problem moving their product at the current prices, so they will stay there.For whatever reason, if people are buying for the JL name or they truly like the product.

Comparing JL to "y" internet brand is like comparing a huge, fancy resturant that offers many types of food to a little resturant on the corner with bars in the windows that doesn't have many offerings.Yes, the cheapy on the corner will be of course, cheaper.Yeah, the food might be better for the price.But that is their main focus.They also have less employees, lower food costs, and less rent/utilities.This does not mean the large resturant will not/should not get any business.People pay for what they want.

So, kwitcher*****en and either fork up the cash to buy JL products, or stop bashing them because you can't afford them.No I'm not a JL fanboy, but you have to look at both sides here.
shut up.

speaking of high prices, this audioshop i always go to told me about some speaker components that cost around a grand that they installed into a customers car. i forget the brand name but they have banners all over their garage of these unknown high priced companies.

original_right.jpg

At JL Audio........overpriced overhyped and overdone

FIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

creyc

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
creyc