"Mentioning" feature

TheUnderFighter
10+ year member

Beer Addict
The forum automatically detects when you input an email, and puts little email code around it. It also automatically detects when you put an "@" symbol in, and is very eager to mention someone every time. If there was a way you could code it so that when there is email code there, that the mention system won't input itself, that'd be nifty. Because as of right now, any time you type up an email, the mention system screws it up.
It happens all time, but this is just one example: nick[USER=541044]@stereo[/USER]integrity.com
quote my post to see the code I am talking about.

[quote name='TheUnderFighter']The forum automatically detects when you input an email, and puts little email code around it. It also automatically detects when you put an "@" symbol in, and is very eager to mention someone every time. If there was a way you could code it so that when there is email code there, that the mention system won't input itself, that'd be nifty. Because as of right now, any time you type up an email, the mention system screws it up.
It happens all time, but this is just one example: nick[USER=541044]@stereo[/USER]integrity.com
quote my post to see the code I am talking about.[/QUOTE]

You could always edit the post afterwards and remove the mention tags...

EDIT: lol, nevermind I guess it automatically throws em back in >_>

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TheUnderFighter

10+ year member
Beer Addict
TheUnderFighter
Murrieta, California, (SoCal)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date