"DIY" enclosures

I like the idea. Not having straight cuts is what holds me back the most...the lack of space and current temps don't help either lol. I have clamps, glue, drills, and screws so I'd be set if I had some wood with straight cuts to work with. This may come just in time as I'm going to be snagging an enclosure from you in the near future anyway.
The last enclosure we drew up for you would be an in house build more then likely though. I want to see it built, I bet it will be sick in the end.

The last enclosure we drew up for you would be an in house build more then likely though. I want to see it built, I bet it will be sick in the end.
Haha. As long as I end up with a box in the end, it all works. Sorry I haven't gotten back with a definite yet. Still cold and I kinda want to pull my current box out for measuring and envisioning. In order to pull that out, I have to pull the rear seats and the amps mounted on them though lol. I'll be in touch.

I've done this in the past with no problems Rabbit. Should work out very well! Just to let you know it has been done and to assure those who think about it that this is a good offering. I still offer it myself, but only upon request. You would be a fool not to offer it as a service! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

We have done it in the past for larger then normal enclosures and we had some success with it.

I know several others have done this in the past, but I have to make sure the overall cost is fair to the buyer and us of course. I suppose that is the more interesting part to figure out. This is something that we do plan on starting to offer and with in the next few days. Just have to figure out an overall cost as it would of course be cheaper then getting an enclosure built here.

We have done it in the past for larger then normal enclosures and we had some success with it.
I know several others have done this in the past, but I have to make sure the overall cost is fair to the buyer and us of course. I suppose that is the more interesting part to figure out. This is something that we do plan on starting to offer and with in the next few days. Just have to figure out an overall cost as it would of course be cheaper then getting an enclosure built here.
Hey, just sent ya a PM about a box....

I would be good with doing something like this with this box possibly...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Hey, just sent ya a PM about a box....
I would be good with doing something like this with this box possibly...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif
I just seen it a few min ago..I more then likely won't getting back to you until mid day monday if that is ok though. I need to put some time in with the wifey before I get murdered or something lol..... I also want to get this DIY thing lined up and going fairly quickly as there seems to be more then enough interest to warrant this option.

I just seen it a few min ago..I more then likely won't getting back to you until mid day monday if that is ok though. I need to put some time in with the wifey before I get murdered or something lol..... I also want to get this DIY thing lined up and going fairly quickly as there seems to be more then enough interest to warrant this option.
No worries bro!!

You must have that "quality" time because if she is not happy......well you know!

Pro Rabit have you looked into getting full mdf sheets yet?

the 8x8 or 8x16 sheets can get them cheaper and help cut some costs if u do alot of boxes a month a pain to work with at first.. just another option

[quote name='cyn']Pro Rabit have you looked into getting full mdf sheets yet?
the 8x8 or 8x16 sheets can get them cheaper and help cut some costs if u do alot of boxes a month a pain to work with at first.. just another option[/QUOTE]

Yea, I did look into larger sheets, but we have to special order them to get them. We do save, but not enough to warrant picking them up right now. Unless I wanted to get around $5k worth of wood at once anyway.

@Ensalada
AMI had several issues over the years. They eventually changer their name and stayed with local business. I have heard that they plan to return to online sales, but have yet to see anything from them. The few times they (mike and others) posted, they used the same layout as they did with AMI and various members would get upset with past issues. Long story short..they are no longer around..well as far as online sales go anymore.

I tried to look up his old pricing structure for DIY kits but I could not find any of his old listings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pro-rabbit

5,000+ posts
pro-rabbit
OKC, OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from