Design for 2 SA-8's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joebobclark
10+ year member

Your Moms New Boyfriend
Which design/enclosure option you want: Was thinking a T-line or 6th order if it models out ok, if not a simple ported

Sub(s):

Sundown Audio SA-8 x2

Music type: Mostly rap/hip hop, but listen to all but country

Sub/port location(if you know already):eek:pen to suggestions, I know that the T-line would most likely be inverted mounting (fitting the motor inside the box is probably impossible)

Amp(s): DB Drive Okur A3 1500.1, so ~700w to each

Year/Make/Model of car: 2005 S10 Blazer 2dr

Zip code:03049

Any any other information or custom options you would like to add.

I want to try and do something different than the norm... Thinking the T-line or 6th will give me the lows without sacrificing too much of the higher bass.. ehh, let me know what you think. Want to get Design with cut sheet and 3D model.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I'm new to car audio stuff but what is SA's, I know its 8" sub but what one?
What they said...... lol. I hope they are as amazing as everyone says they are!

Joebobclark, I will get back with you first thing in the morning when I am back in the office.
No problem, thanks

Just looked at them, I must say they're pretty sweet. I haven't ever heard a 8" sub or even one in a T line. lol i dont know if you are familiar with the guy on youtube called meade916 i think it is, but he has a pretty insane setup. He has some 8" rockfords or somethin in his front doors lol.

Just looked at them, I must say they're pretty sweet. I haven't ever heard a 8" sub or even one in a T line. lol i dont know if you are familiar with the guy on youtube called meade916 i think it is, but he has a pretty insane setup. He has some 8" rockfords or somethin in his front doors lol.
Talking good about Steve usually does not net a good result on this particular forum.

as a quick helpfull insight about these and 6th orders, they are VERY touchy for 6th orders... i would not do it, as far as a t-line my question would be why? the subs where designed to get **** loud in 3rd order (single chamber ported) boxes. why stry away from that simply due to it being "out of the norm" as you are his customer its your call but may i just say, rabbit do a ported box with about 16in^2 per cube for them and he will fall in love. tune to 29hz call it a day. make sure they load well too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

as a quick helpfull insight about these and 6th orders, they are VERY touchy for 6th orders... i would not do it, as far as a t-line my question would be why? the subs where designed to get **** loud in 3rd order (single chamber ported) boxes. why stry away from that simply due to it being "out of the norm" as you are his customer its your call but may i just say, rabbit do a ported box with about 16in^2 per cube for them and he will fall in love. tune to 29hz call it a day. make sure they load well too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I do agree with you for the most part. I have been playing around with them in a few different setups to see what we can do. I think we might find a few options to work around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Joebobclark

10+ year member
Your Moms New Boyfriend
Joebobclark
Milford, NH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date