"DIY" enclosures

i think it would work as well.. win win for the lazy paople and the noobies... like your pic in the sig //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I've done this in the past with no problems Rabbit. Should work out very well! Just to let you know it has been done and to assure those who think about it that this is a good offering. I still offer it myself, but only upon request. You would be a fool not to offer it as a service! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well we (amber and me) have been talking about this all day here at the house. I'm sure there would be enough interest in this, but I'm not sold on it at this time. I think it would great for mid to large enclosures do to savings on the shipping side. Not ap sure on the anything small. We are still trying to see if we can get a price structure to make it worth it to offer. Not as easy as everyone thinks lol.

Well we (amber and me) have been talking about this all day here at the house. I'm sure there would be enough interest in this, but I'm not sold on it at this time. I think it would great for mid to large enclosures do to savings on the shipping side. Not ap sure on the anything small. We are still trying to see if we can get a price structure to make it worth it to offer. Not as easy as everyone thinks lol.
shipping cost + material cost + labor cost + profit margin = customer cost:) i hear you though, i'm starting an online business (not audio related) and struggling with this too and i have a degree in finance:emb:

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

but depending on cost i'd be interested

shipping cost + material cost + labor cost + profit margin = customer cost:) i hear you though, i'm starting an online business (not audio related) and struggling with this too and i have a degree in finance:emb: 

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

but depending on cost i'd be interested
If it was only that easy lol.

In all honesty, a DIY kit does not cut much of any time for enclosures. Which means in order to lower costs we have to just cut profit or they would not sell. So now it is just matter of figuring out where/how to cut the cost in order to get this to work out.

I see no reason why it won't work though.

So far from what I can see we will have different "stages" of DIY kits that will allow for different things to added to fit just about any build.

As soon as we get these prices worked out I will post up and see what everyone thinks.

Great idea! I've actually been looking for someone to send me a pre-cut enclosure. Talked to a few people who were hesitant and didn't thnk it would save much on shipping. Weight will still be an issue, but the savings from a smaller package may help. I think if there is enough demand you will save a good bit of time vs assembling the enclosures. Hope you figure it out though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ami done this on CACO. They had a set price debending on cubic foot and had a list of "add-ons" (double baffle, 45's, terminals, rounded edges, etc). Really was quite fair IMHO. But like you said you really only save on shipping

Great idea! I've actually been looking for someone to send me a pre-cut enclosure. Talked to a few people who were hesitant and didn't thnk it would save much on shipping. Weight will still be an issue, but the savings from a smaller package may help. I think if there is enough demand you will save a good bit of time vs assembling the enclosures. Hope you figure it out though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yea, on smaller enclosures(around 3ft3 gross) you won't see much of a difference in shipping really. After that size you start to see fairly large shipping differences. Basically when that "bulk rate" takes over for a built enclosure.

I think we will have enough demand, I just need to make sure it is a price everyone thinks is fair. Which is what I'm most afraid of actually. A rough guess would be 2/3 of the regular enclosure price. That is not a set price or anything, just a rough idea on pricing. Of course it is always plus shipping though.

We do plan on having various "stages" of DIY kits so that pricing will be adjusted for each level. It will range from "Stage 1" being the most basic enclosure to "Stage 3" which will have all the features our enclosures have and will include carpet as well.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Ami done this on CACO. They had a set price debending on cubic foot and had a list of "add-ons" (double baffle, 45's, terminals, rounded edges, etc). Really was quite fair IMHO. But like you said you really only save on shipping
I was looking at his setup earlier. His DIY pricing is around our enclosure pricing though lol.

Here is an idea of what we are thinking for DIY pricing and such...Keep in mind this is geared more towards larger enclosures as the savings for shipping are much greater.

All prices are based on basic enclosure designs/builds. Anything this more intrecit will need to be a custom quote. All prices are for NET ft3 (after all displacements).

DIY Enclosure Pricing:

FT^3................SEALED........PORTED

1.0 cubes...........$60.............$87

1.5 cubes...........$67.............$93

2.0 cubes...........$74.............$100

2.5 cubes...........$80.............$107

3.0 cubes...........$87.............$114

3.5 cubes ..........$94.............$120

4.0 cubes...........$100...........$127

4.5 cubes...........$107...........$134

5.0 cubes...........$120...........$147

5.5 cubes...........$126...........$154

6.0 cubes...........$134...........$160

All DIY Kits will have 3 stages.

STAGE 1: $Free

Basic package..

All pieces cut to exact size. Sealed or ported options

3D model

Assembly Instructions

STAGE 2: $15

All Stage 1 plus

rounded port edges

45's

Bracing 1" wooden dowel recessed into the wood.

Stage 3: $25

All Stage 1 and Stage 2 Plus

Double baffle with up to two sub cutouts

Carpet(basic stock carpet)

Terminal (up to two)

We can pre-drill the enclosures for quicker and easier assembly, but that will be based per enclosure.

Here is an idea of what we are thinking for DIY pricing and such...Keep in mind this is geared more towards larger enclosures as the savings for shipping are much greater.
All prices are based on basic enclosure designs/builds. Anything this more intrecit will need to be a custom quote. All prices are for NET ft3 (after all displacements).

DIY Enclosure Pricing:

FT^3................SEALED........PORTED

1.0 cubes...........$60.............$87

1.5 cubes...........$67.............$93

2.0 cubes...........$74.............$100

2.5 cubes...........$80.............$107

3.0 cubes...........$87.............$114

3.5 cubes ..........$94.............$120

4.0 cubes...........$100...........$127

4.5 cubes...........$107...........$134

5.0 cubes...........$120...........$147

5.5 cubes...........$126...........$154

6.0 cubes...........$134...........$160

All DIY Kits will have 3 stages.

STAGE 1: $Free

Basic package..

All pieces cut to exact size. Sealed or ported options

3D model

Assembly Instructions

STAGE 2: $15

All Stage 1 plus

rounded port edges

45's

Bracing 1" wooden dowel recessed into the wood.

Stage 3: $25

All Stage 1 and Stage 2 Plus

Double baffle with up to two sub cutouts

Carpet(basic stock carpet)

Terminal (up to two)

We can pre-drill the enclosures for quicker and easier assembly, but that will be based per enclosure.
Nice! I'm assuming this is +shipping, correct? I'll be needing one in about a week. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yep plus shipping.

From what I can tell these are the cheapest "listed" price anywhere. Even based on prices from 2 or 3 years ago. lol I'm sure there will still be the "that is to much" crew..but I can not please everyone. I do try though.

Yep plus shipping.
From what I can tell these are the cheapest "listed" price anywhere. Even based on prices from 2 or 3 years ago. lol I'm sure there will still be the "that is to much" crew..but I can not please everyone. I do try though.
I think those prices are very fair... A 5 cf enclosure with the stage 3 option would probably still be right around $200 shipped. Where else could you buy a custom enclosure that large for that price shipped to you? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

One idea I have to add to what already looks like a good deal. Maybe add the option of birch (if you have it readily available to you). I know its a little more expensive so you could add to the prices of course. Just an idea.

I can work on that...on average decent birch here is about double MDF(for what I get). I see no reason to make anything off an upgrade of birch..so it would just be the difference in most cases.

I'm hoping that is how it goes though, it will drastically reduce the overall price of larger enclosures by a large margin. Considering our enclosures and DIY go by net and not gross (which is always miss understood it seems) you get a much larger enclosure for our prices. Stupid slot ports take up way to much room lol.

im in..for this right down my price line and i can save myself the embarassment when i go to shows with boxes ive built

Glad to hear many will be interested.

So we are no officially offering DIY kits.

Seems like from this forum and others we are getting more then enough response to work with it and that should open up for much larger enclosures as well.

For those interested in fully assembled extra large enclosures we can still freight ship them. You just have to contact us for pricing and what options are available for where you live.

I'll buy one from you in time. I need a good HT box and haven't farted around with building one because of school. Assembling one would be great though and cuts time in half

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pro-rabbit

5,000+ posts
pro-rabbit
OKC, OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from