"DIY" enclosures

pro-rabbit
5,000+ posts

OKC, OK
Well, I have had a decent amount of interest in these lately. So I'm gauging interest to start offering them full time.

For those that do not know what this is. This is basically a pre cut enclosure with all wholes cut that just needs to be assembled.

The perks are it drastically cuts shipping down. It allows us to deal with much larger enclosures.

The down side is, I have had some wood slightly bent from shipping them. This causes some panels to not line up 100%(all though this is not a huge issues, it can be if you are OCD lol). That is about the only down side I can think of right now.

Anyway, let me know what everyone thinks. If we have enough interest I will work up a price setup and start offering them.

If you'd like to try it out and send me one to review(and keep) I'd be willing to take on that heavy burden. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Would be good man... A lot of people would rather buy it already cut and just put it together themselves instead of having to cut it out and everything else.. and being cheaper than having it prebuilt and shipping would more than likely get more people buying it that way... only thing i would suggest it to make sure to have a good diagram/blueprint showing how to put it together etc... etc... i mean if someone can save 50-100$ on a custom box and just put it together i think they would jump on it man... never hurts to put the idea out for a month or two to see how it turns out.

Would be good man... A lot of people would rather buy it already cut and just put it together themselves instead of having to cut it out and everything else.. and being cheaper than having it prebuilt and shipping would more than likely get more people buying it that way... only thing i would suggest it to make sure to have a good diagram/blueprint showing how to put it together etc... etc... i mean if someone can save 50-100$ on a custom box and just put it together i think they would jump on it man... never hurts to put the idea out for a month or two to see how it turns out.
thats the one complaint we get most from people trying to build a box or looking for a box. they dont have the confidence in themselves to cut and put together a box.

thats the one complaint we get most from people trying to build a box or looking for a box. they dont have the confidence in themselves to cut and put together a box.
yeah I remember the first box I built was kind of like wtf am I doing... but after the first one its a lot more easier... but honestly even knowing how to build them and cut etc... I would order one pre-cut to save me the time during the weekends of messing with it.. 2-3 hours cutting laying everything out etc.. verses paying a lil more money to just have to glue it and screw it together is a win win for me anyway... and for the noobs thats wanting to learn and do an easier step also..

Just make sure to add in Detailed Plans to put it together.

Well I figure we can do different levels of DIY enclosures. That way for those who don't need all the extras to make it super easy they don't have to pay for it.

I will try and get a few different options for different levels of a DIY kit.

I'd be interested for sure. I have all the means to build my own enclosure but time isn't always on my side or the weather at this time of the year. If there was a reasonably priced professionally cut/designed enclosure available there would be no good reason to not go that route in my situation.

I'd be interested for sure. I have all the means to build my own enclosure but time isn't always on my side or the weather at this time of the year. If there was a reasonably priced professionally cut/designed enclosure available there would be no good reason to not go that route in my situation.
This is my deal....just do not have the time sometimes

Well, I have had a decent amount of interest in these lately. So I'm gauging interest to start offering them full time.
For those that do not know what this is. This is basically a pre cut enclosure with all wholes cut that just needs to be assembled.

The perks are it drastically cuts shipping down. It allows us to deal with much larger enclosures.

The down side is, I have had some wood slightly bent from shipping them. This causes some panels to not line up 100%(all though this is not a huge issues, it can be if you are OCD lol). That is about the only down side I can think of right now.

Anyway, let me know what everyone thinks. If we have enough interest I will work up a price setup and start offering them.
with shipping you could always get some 1x2"s and put across the top / botton of this and band it together to keep them from warping very little cost in doing that ... get a few 1x12's and cut them to 2"s have a little bracing in there man...

I like the idea. Not having straight cuts is what holds me back the most...the lack of space and current temps don't help either lol. I have clamps, glue, drills, and screws so I'd be set if I had some wood with straight cuts to work with. This may come just in time as I'm going to be snagging an enclosure from you in the near future anyway.

with shipping you could always get some 1x2"s and put across the top / botton of this and band it together to keep them from warping very little cost in doing that ... get a few 1x12's and cut them to 2"s have a little bracing in there man...
We typically take every precaution we can when shipping. However, as we all know the logistic companies do not take those same cautious actions.

I will be working on some pricing to get an idea on what we can do. I'm sure we can figure something out that works for everyone's skill level and make it an affordable option.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pro-rabbit

5,000+ posts
pro-rabbit
OKC, OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from