Questions about my new Alpine speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrodfoo
10+ year member

Hi guys, I just got my Alpine 690a speakers in the mail, I have a 2002 ford escape, I went to Alpine's site and built my system, according to that site, they said they would fit, they were first choice, now when i go and look, it turns out they won't fit, according to other sites. Ugh, I'm kinda mad right now,

So my question is, there is no way these will fit in my rear door speakers I guess, Anybody can guide in the right direction before I go thru the process of sending these back. Thanks. I feel so stupid. Should have looked at crutchfield first.

Those Alpine's are 6x9's......I'm guessing your Ford has 5x7's or 6x8's? If so, you could build a baffle to make them fit, or get out a sawzall and cut away some metal. IMHO, it's not worth it. Just return those and get something that fits correctly.

Yeah i'm gonna sell em on ebay, and i just ordered the alpine 570a for the rear, and I got Infinity reference 5000cs component for the front, now i gotta find my amp!

Thanks for the advice.

Describe how they don't fit, is it mounting depth or is the hole too small?

If mounting depth isn't a problem, you can get a pair of tin snips ($15) or a rotozip ($100) and cut out the hole for the 6x9. The alpine speakers come with templates to do that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.