Question regarding what to buy + BestBuy

I probably agree with the age comment. And that usually means that best bang for the buck is important so things don't cost more money later doing improvements.
Find out price on Type-X Components' date=' PDX Amps and Type-R subs with the discount. Build a custom box, deaden doors. Mission accomplished.[/quote']

Why would you tell him to get Type X subs, then a few posts later, tell him to get Type R subs? You just talk out of your ass, and have no real intelligence. To the OP, the links don't work. Also, what are you looking to purchase? Subs, amp, Headunit, components, etc?

This. But see if they can get Type-X's ordered //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Obviously' date=' reading comprehension escaped you. This was referring to Components. I do not see mention specifically regarding woofers. So please stop acting like an idiot. K Thx Bai.

Now on to the OP. Can't help you much about the other forum's advice due to the link issue.

However, I stand by suggestions of PDX amps, Type-X comps, Type R substage.

P.s.

Why would you tell him to get Type X subs, then a few posts later, tell him to get Type R subs? You just talk out of your ass, and have no real intelligence. To the OP, the links don't work. Also, what are you looking to purchase? Subs, amp, Headunit, components, etc?
Nothing you have said has any ground to stand upon. And I know about the things i speak about, otherwise i stay quiet. Something you should consider.

Sorry to fuel the fire. MikeyF, please show respect to others, so you, yourself, do not look poor.

Nails don't unscrew FYI //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Just messin with ya.
I know Best Buy carries Kenwood stuff, that is your best bet. But with that car (a very nice Acura) you should just skip the employee discount.

Get hertz up front (HSK165's) and maybe 2 W7's in the back.
^lol

Rockford makes good amps so does alpine so either one you go with won't be bad. My question is how much would the MRP-1000 be? i know it goes to 2ohms and is 1000watts. To make things easy 2 10" type r's in a ported box and you'll be set as far as "bump" if you can fit 2 12's then more power to you.

Best BB employee setup = rockford wiring kit, P1000.1, and 2 type R 12"s for the trunk. Will slam

Type Rs - 98$ a piece

P1000 - 240 store price, 130 through accomodations for a refurb.

Rockford 4g kit capable of 120a, 25$

Type X subs and components would be much better, but I assumed Best Buy would charge approximately $2,500 apiece for the subs and $1,000 or more for the comps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Didn't notice this or think about it, pretty good thought.

He wouldn't be working at Best Buy if he has **** tons of cash.
Read my mind

^lolRockford makes good amps so does alpine so either one you go with won't be bad. My question is how much would the MRP-1000 be? i know it goes to 2ohms and is 1000watts. To make things easy 2 10" type r's in a ported box and you'll be set as far as "bump" if you can fit 2 12's then more power to you.
Maybe im wrong, or maybe it just hasn't happened quite yet, but isnt Rockford pulling out of Best Buy?

According to another thread here, Rockford IS pulling out and Polk and Kicker are entering. I believe that's what it said. Haven't looked into it much further. But, if true, that could sway things.

*Ninja Edit*?

. at first i was worried about rattling and nails unscrewing, etc, but from what i've been told this is mostly only a problem with older cars?
1. Sounds like you are the perfect fit for best buy

2. all cars will rattle when you are moving enough air with subs

I have a G35 and it rattles with only 600rms and 1 10"

okay, this is what im currently thinking:

2 alpine type r's

Alpine - 12" Dual-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Subwoofer - SWR-1242D

1 1000W alpine amp

Alpine - 1000W Class D Mono MOSFET Amplifier with Adjustable Crossover - MRP-M1000

1 alipine head unit

Alpine - 50 x 4 Apple® iPod®/Satellite Radio/HD Radio-Ready Deck - iDA-X303

2 (so 4 speakers in total) alpine type R speakers

Alpine - 6-1/2" 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers (Pair) - SPR-17C

would all of this work well with that one 1000W amp? i figure unless i get a discount on the service of installing my **** at BB too (which i dont think i do) im gonna get it installed somewhere else, along with a custom closed box for the two subs. to top that off depending on how much it is, deadening the car + other things to prevent rattling.

if your looking to be Loud and not really care about SQ then i would slap some Type R's in there like everyone said and get the Type X components.... and yeah custom build your box

Well for starters, if you're getting that amp you want the D2 type r's. Otherwise you will only be able to give each sub 300 watts because you will have to wire it @ 4ohms. It doesn't appear that they have much to choose from on their website though...

You should see if they can order other Alpine products and still give you a discount on them, because you should be able to put together a better setup using alpine products.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.