question regarding repair of damaged speaker/s?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
HI guys please somebody who have a lot of knowledge explain to me ,

my speakers got damaged due to my faulthy amp,
i gave speaker/s to repair they work now - repair guy who is in BG , we are very small country he repair speakers inside his garage, he told me that speaker issue was speaker coil, so he replaced the whole coil, - my question is since he replaced the whole coil i dont know how repair procedure is called- will my speakers specs now be changed ?

Please someone with knowledge i need to know will my spekers now sound worse than before ? What things i lost going in that repair route please explain to me...
is it worth repairing speakers or better get a new one?
This guy claim he can repair every speaker in the world even speakers of bentley,audi and other oem manufacturer, my speakers were aftermarket set..

Yes this is high full time job for the last 10 YEARS!
He repairs only speakers he doesnt repair amps or anything else speakers only, unfortunately here in bg he can source only low grade stuff and components so i personally doubt that it will be same quality like the genuine factory made ones,

how about the specs do you think speaker will be able again to handle 80w or it will be less since components- for the coil is lower grade compared to the factory ones and i am not sure if its the correct/right amount of material ?

He really is the only one who can answer those questions Mio. Without knowing exactly what he put in there i.e make of components and what not he should be able to tell you what they can handle now vs what they were OEM from the factory.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...