Question on my amp...

II HoSTiiiLe II
10+ year member

i would be listenin to a song with the amp on. and mid song it sometimes dies. the green led would turn red. now to fix this i have to turn my car off and it will turn green again..

its a 1000 watts

the cable i have from my battery is a 8 gage wire. and my ground wire is also 8 gages.

to fix this should i buy a 4 gage?

Haha the OP is kinda funny; "Its a 1000 watt" please be more descriptive. theres different types of 1000 watt amps. the way you said it makes me think its a 2 channel amp that actuallly only puts out 250wrms.

Ok on another note, post the model, and what subs your using it on, and how theyre wired. then we can be more helpful.

Yea its a 1000 watts 2 channel amp. its an insigina NS-A1000 powering one alpine type r.

My wireing is simple. just my rca cables from my deck to the amp. a 8 gage wire from my battery to the amp. and a 8 gage wire for my ground

i bridged it to the amp. and its a dual 2
do you think its not getting power due to the 8 gage wire.....
since it is a dual 2 ohm. you have the sub wired in series so it reads a 4 ohm load? i would upgrade wire to a t least a 4 guage. also is your ground good? tightened down so it doesn't move? check these things

Haha. dude, hate to break this to you. I have the same amp. It's a best buy amp. It's not bad.

It puts out

110 X 2 @ 4 ohms

like....130 X 2 @ 2 ohms

and MAYBE 310 @ bridged.

It could barley push my JL W0.

The only problem I can think of......is the amp turned up all the way?

I don't think it can push that Type R at all.

I have it on my JL 15W0 for now. 3/4 way up and it could still take more power.

My sub is rated 150 watts.

i have no problem in pushing my alpine type r. when its working it hits hard. the amp its self just sometimes dies. thus i have to turn off my car and turn it back on to work.

but ill go and check my ground right now

First off, buy a DMM, if you don't already have one.

Secondly, re-check all your connections, and make sure your underhood fuse is secure in its holder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.