question on dual inputs on amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassAndBeer

CarAudio.com Elite
so you know how bc5500 and a lot of high powered 16v capable amps have dual inputs? do you have to use both? like lets say I wasn't planning on running below 1 ohm, would I be able to use just 1 input? like just one positive to the positive, and a ground to the ground and leave the other side without any

for even better results you'll want to use dual inputs on the inputs of the amp. you can gain easy wattage this way, and even less strain under an amperage load

dual inputs like those tool maker ones? so a total of 4 positive, and 4 negative on 1 amp? if im correct, that's a lot of wire.. lol but it would look ******!! and it will be getting all the juice it needs to make power

for even better results you'll want to use dual inputs on the inputs of the amp. you can gain easy wattage this way, and even less strain under an amperage load

no problem, take your time and do it right for the most impressive results. The electrical being the most important aspect of the install on high power setups, will drastically show in the end results of your build.

[quote name='BassAndBeer']dual inputs like those tool maker ones? so a total of 4 positive, and 4 negative on 1 amp? if im correct, that's a lot of wire.. lol but it would look ******!! and it will be getting all the juice it needs to make power[/QUOTE]

I like dual inputs, Amps are ice cold after i got one in. installing is quick and easy, no more feathering wires.
@BassAndBeer here are some number testing with dual inputs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RupFFAOx74

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.