Would like some input on my amp buying decision

Participant count
  • Participant list

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
irvine, ca
Hi all,

I currently have a ct sounds 1400.1 powering two AB tnt 10's (dual 4 ohm). The enclosure is custom made to the subs (ported) and my electrical is good (185 amp alt, big 3, two agm batteries, voltage not dropping below 13.8 on volt meter). However, I feel like my tnt's are just laughing at the ct sounds 1400.1. With that said, I have researched the **** out of a bunch of amps and read all the awesome feedback provided by users on this site. I'm looking at these amps:

Arc Audio xdi2000.1

AB VFL 120.1

AB VFL 4801D

orion xtr2200.1 (seems everyone is out of that amp but would like to find one)

I'm really looking for an amp that won't be a total power hungry beast on my electrical but allow actual 2K. I realize i will have some extra headroom with one or more of these amps which is fine. also, 3/4 amps on my finalist list take 1/0, which i want to stay with. my budget can't go higher than the arc since its an older model.

Any recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.