Question on class D amps

What i posted is great for a new person cause it makes them think logically by looking at specs and actual meanings of terms and not trust marketing BS I've also been recording, mixing and mastering high bitrate audio since the earlier 90's so your cassette comments are just stupid.
So i see that this is how you advance the conversation on Class D amps. Staan & JRsmoothee just make a new post about your hate of High def sound ok. Stop shitting on other peoples post. You sound like a bunch of high school kids with there first car and sound system, mine is better then yours because i have this and this and that in my car. Sorry WWC Your like that guy at the nightclub bar that tried to hit on me but i just dissed you because you act as if you know it all and your conversations are limp. I'm done with child's play. And by the way, I am a women and i have the right to change my mind. I don't like you anymore. Go away .

Hey baby want to go outside and listen to my carrrrr stereoooo ? It is the best system in the whole USofAAAA? Sure why don't you go outside and say warm it up BABY!!!. And i will see you in a little bit. Girlfriend lets get out of here. This guy is a fool.

Last edited:
So i see that this is how you advance the conversation on Class D amps. Staan & JRsmoothee just make a new post about your hate of High def sound ok. Stop shitting on other peoples post. You sound like a bunch of high school kids with there first car and sound system, mine is better then yours because i have this and this and that in my car. Sorry WWC Your like that guy at the nightclub bar that tried to hit on me but i just dissed you because you act as if you know it all and your conversations are limp. I'm done with child's play. And by the way, I am a women and i have the right to change my mind. I don't like you anymore. Go away .

Hey baby want to go outside and listen to my carrrrr stereoooo ? It is the best system in the whole USofAAAA? Sure why don't you go outside and say warm it up BABY!!!. And i will see you in a little bit. Girlfriend lets get out of here. This guy is a fool.
mmmmm...ok, we were simply trying to explain to you that your "HiDef" amps are no different than any other amp(kenwood junk imo)....

are you a girl?

there are reasons why Brax, Thesis, Phass and other no compromise brands stay away from class d.
Because the rich old dudes that generally buy that stuff have only ever known A/B (or A), believe it sounds better, and have no interest in class D amps even if they're exceptionally high quality.
Those exclusive, high end brands have no interest in selling amps to the masses for a few percent more than it costs them to produce and distribute them -- many companies have tried, and it always ends up tarnishing their reputation (Lanzar, Soundstream, PPI etc).

I don't think it will be long until those brands start offering small, efficient amps. I expect they already know the sound quality is there. They're just appealing to their current clientele.

snake oil.....in a blind test you wouldnt be able to hear the difference between your amps vs another brand....psychoacoustics

I have tested hundred's of amps over the years, replaced many, many components (EE-major) and I have tuned my ear well in the past 25 years of being an audio aficionado and I can tell you amplifiers do sound different. Whether we are speaking of solid state amps, tube amps, hybrid amps, etc, they all sound different. Do all amps have an extremely discernible sound difference? Yes, but not that most can hear or not without some type of testing equipment like an oscilloscope or an RTA. I have tested amps back to back of the exact same model and they had sonic differences between the two.

Has class D come a long way and is almost completely unnoticeable now? Almost, but not quite. I still prefer class A and AB amplifiers. Is an amp that distorts bad? Maybe, is an amp that clips bad? Same thing, right? Not. When a class A or AB amp clips or distorts, the clipping is almost unheard and is not as pronounced as other types of amps. When class D amps clip, it's very noticeable. Does anyone even know the reason why class D amps run cooler? Let's see who knows the answer. Or I'll just tell you hear. Class D amps are not "on" all the time. The output devices in class D are only "on" when they have to be. Class A/AB are always "on". Hence one of the reasons class A amps get warmer....

I still enjoy running Old School Tanks on my mids and highs.Zeds mainly.As long as you have the supply for the demand, its not much of an issue.I look for the lowest TDH and try to run that on front staging

I guess my main concern and questioning would be that on my class D amps that I have, would be are they just like the new TVs? Do they last only so many Hours, and give out/trash out compared to the older amps that I still run that have lasted me for more than 15 years? Though amps are cheaply made and easily affordable these days, and space savers is a great plus. But how is the quality built to last syndrome these days compared to the majority of the older amps?I guess it depends on the brand? As well as how you treat them/ utilize them within your install properly?Since Ive started with Car audio,it was all trial and error as well as hands on and word of mouth.Today the internet is a tool to utilize for reviews of which helps us choose the best bang for our buck ,and choosing gear that works for our individual installs.I run both these days.What we choose within our budget and for the criteria seems to be beneficial thanks to reviews and testing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.