Question. Haven't been able to find an answer yet

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dannysoundnoob

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
So here's the skinny. I got 2 kicker 6×9s that need rms 90 watts so I got a suitable 2 channel amp. They are multi driver units and I'm replacing the factory ones that had two separate speakers with a positive and negative for each. So can I combine the positives and then the negatives and run that into a line output converter then to the amp on a single channel and do that on both sides or will that cause issues. I dont see a problem with it theoretically because the speakers have internal crossovers, but I just want to make sure before I go cutting wires. Doodled diagram attached.

Attachments

• 20210202_195728.jpg
    20210202_195728.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 141
What vehicle is this? Does it have an upgraded "premium" amplified setup?
Factory everything and you just want to add a 2 channel amp with 2 kicker 6x9s?
Is this a front door?

That "connector" isn't a splitter? It has 4 in and 4 out? Or 2 in and 4 out?

Its a 96 328i bmw. I dont believe it has premium sound. It does have a hifi/lofi switch. I've added some 12" subs in the trunk. The front sounds fantastic the 6x9s go behind the rear seats. I am planning to use a 2 channel amp because the speakers require more power thenthe stereo can provide. I tested joiningthe wires and it sounds great at low volume but starts clipping as you turn it up from insufficient wattage. The connector is a 4 pin in 4 pin out

I did some testing awhile back so I know one set will only supply the 3way speaker with tweeter frequency and the other set only the woofer, then I soldered them together and I got full range just not enough power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.