Replace 2-way dash with component

Participant count
  • Participant list

ShawnGS

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
I have a 2014 lexus gs350 stock system. It has 2-way coaxial dash speaks, (plus 6.5 door speakers of course) and the music to me, just sounds dead. I dont “feel it”, and just end up wanting to turn on talk radio instead. Also, the music sounds boxed in, I think it’s because of it reflecting off the windshield.

One option I was thinking about, and this is my main question. Will replacing a 2-way speaker with a component midrange set up, work with out doing any other wiring to the amp? I would put the midrange speaker in the dash, and then have a bracket to put the tweeter in the sail panels. I know I would have to find a place for the crossover though.

The next question I have is the price. How much shoud I spend? I know the higher the quality you get, the better... but since I’m just using the stock amp, and I'm not about blowing out my ear drums, will 300 dollars make any difference to 100 dollar speakers?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.