It me again, mti question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

filly4thirteen

CarAudio.com Recruit
usa
So I guess it was too good to be true. I priced out the stage 5 enclosure on their website and it was about 2k for the enclosure plus 500.00 per sub plus tax and shipping. So I estimate the loaded box to Be around 3k. They had a box on display never powered up for 1995.00 at my local audio place. It’s a stage 5 with 2 JLtw3 12s. Still carrying a one year warranty on the subs. So I load it into my truck all excited and come to find out today the box is made for a 2018 Silverado and mines a 2021. Everything is pretty darn close as in the front is flush to my seat. The left to right is good. The transmission hump is pretty close. It’s the rake. When you open my side door it’s not tight. The front of the box is about 1.5 inch away from the seat and the back slopes down to about 4-5”

So I got two options, return the entire thing and ask for a refund. Even tho I’m super excited to get it installed Thursday.

Or, make a custom balance on top to make it tight and maybe even add either a secret slot for my gun or add addition tweeters for sound

What’s your thoughts

So I guess it was too good to be true. I priced out the stage 5 enclosure on their website and it was about 2k for the enclosure plus 500.00 per sub plus tax and shipping. So I estimate the loaded box to Be around 3k. They had a box on display never powered up for 1995.00 at my local audio place. It’s a stage 5 with 2 JLtw3 12s. Still carrying a one year warranty on the subs. So I load it into my truck all excited and come to find out today the box is made for a 2018 Silverado and mines a 2021. Everything is pretty darn close as in the front is flush to my seat. The left to right is good. The transmission hump is pretty close. It’s the rake. When you open my side door it’s not tight. The front of the box is about 1.5 inch away from the seat and the back slopes down to about 4-5”

So I got two options, return the entire thing and ask for a refund. Even tho I’m super excited to get it installed Thursday.

Or, make a custom balance on top to make it tight and maybe even add either a secret slot for my gun or add addition tweeters for sound

What’s your thoughts
Valance not balance. I make Custom cabinets so I can build just about anything.

When you open my side door it’s not tight. The front of the box is about 1.5 inch away from the seat and the back slopes down to about 4-5”
To clarify, you mean the box top has a 1.5" gap from the seat bottom at the front and 4-5" inches gap from the seat bottom at the back? Will the valances be side panels to raise the box for elimination of said gaps? If yes, then a center support will also help.

Last edited:
To clarify, you mean the box top has a 1.5" gap from the seat bottom at the front and 4-5" inches gap from the seat bottom at the back? Will the valances be side panels to raise the box for elimination of said gaps? If yes, then a center support will also help.
Yes, I will
Make a valance to radius around the corners. It’ll sit on top of the box. I’m not raising the box off the floor. I’m just filling the gaps.

Thanks audiobaun. I’ll post some before after after pics. Thanks for the reassurance lol. I doubt and question everything.
That would be fantastic! Id love to see the skills involved here. It always intrigues me to see some customizing from small and detailed to large and difficult. Very cool man!!.Man I doubt and question on the daily myself. I falter daily, lol. I think its going to be fantastic . Please share. Deff helps others to learn as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...