Question abt multiple amps...

I would just run all 3 at 2.66 on the 1500. See how that works for you then upgrade to a better single larger amp or even two smaller amps strapped.

I do not suggest running amps below their rated ohm though. While everyone here will tell you it is ok, each amp and application is different and while impedance rise does exist that is not all the impedance will do, it will drop as well.

Thanks guys...a guy here had a t2500-1 on craigslist so I jumped on it for $575...I'm going to just sell my t1500 and t500 when I get a chance...got an old school bd1500.1 in the closet from 2002 I'm going to sale too so, I'll get the money back...birth sheet on the t2500 is 3400 watts @ 2ohms so if I run all three 12s and the amp @2.67 ohms I figure they should definitely get enough juice...

Uh, yes. I would like to know how to set the levels of two completely different amps so that they put out equal power from say 20-80 hz. You may be able to match output at one frequency, but as soon as the frequency changes so will the power.
I disagree.

You call them "completely different" amps, I call them very similar.

Even with the 750 per sub potential out of the 1500 vs 500 out of the 500 it's not difficult to get about the same power to each sub by reducing the gain on the 1500.

Besides, if the power to the 3rd sub isn't the same as the other two there's no harm done, it just won't contribute to SPL in scale with the other two.

Phase/cancellation isn't a factor.

Power output relative to impedance should be well within limits of audibility.

Sounds like OP decided to go with a single amp anyway, but I still say it would have worked fine.

t1500bd is fine for 2.7 ohms. You really don't need to upgrade from ~800 watts to ~1600 = 3 db under perfect circumstances. You will have power compression losses among other things.

TL;DR - no need to upgrade your amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.