Question about ohms

Participant count
  • Participant list

Denial-

CarAudio.com Recruit
Pa
I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times before already. My question is about ohms if I'm trying to get two subs in 1 ohm all together and the subs are dual voice coils for each I would want to get 2 ohm dual voice coil subs and then wire them all in parallel correct? Also for the Amp itself it has two sets of negative and two sets of positive for the output, how would I wire this all up to the Amp from both subs like that? I'm uses to the Amp only having 1 set of negative and positive for the output. Thank you guys so much for the help in advance sorry again if it's a stupid question(s).

Thank you for your time to respond man. If the sub I want only comes in dual 1 or dual 2 ohm voice coils, basically I have no option with that for a 1 ohm load then with that? I couldn't just wire it up in series instead of parallel?

Thank you for your time to respond man. If the sub I want only comes in dual 1 or dual 2 ohm voice coils, basically I have no option with that for a 1 ohm load then with that? I couldn't just wire it up in series instead of parallel?

1 ohm.jpg

The dual input on mono amps are so nice...it would've saved me so much wiring back in the days of having to bridge everything 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you guys all so much for all the help. Popwarhomie your diagram from the12volt was exactly what I needed. Just to be extra super super, for a 1 ohm total load going to the Amp I would get 2 1 ohm dual voice coil subs and wire them like the diagram correct? Also the Amp has two sets of negative and positive outputs, I would only use 1 set and just leave the other set alone right? Just trying to make sure that it is possible to wire 2 subs together and get a 1 ohm load out of them if the subs are both dual 1 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...