Jan 14, 2008
Bay Area, CA
imo both more robust subwoofers with "snappier" bass
if you want SQ stick with w6

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Veteran
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
JL w6 would be my choice in a sealed enclosure. SSA would be my choice in a ported enclosure. You can do a ported enclosure with the W6, but to my ear the W6 really shines in a sealed alignment. SQ in a daily music setup isn’t the same as competitive SQ. If you like the super low frequencies of hip hop to be accentuated and “hit hard”, go with the SSA in a ported box. If you like heavy metal on one song and Madonna on the next, you might consider the sound of the JL in a sealed box. Less low end boom with a smooth roll off on the low end.

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
Icon is more in line with a W7 (high output with above average SQ). Both the W6 and GCON are great for daily, especially sealed.

I would never pay MSRP for the W6. Subs like the Adire Audio Brahma, Incriminator Flatlyne, IDQ/IDmax are all arguably better for cheaper

Last edited:

technobass

Aug 11, 2011
Clearwater, FL
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
12w6v3 sealed sound great but I want a bit louder, I think I'll go with the Brahma the Brahma 12 are 1000rms perfect for my amp and hope it sound good as W6

minicorndog

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jan 7, 2021
California
I have an XCON and it sounds clean sealed and loud ported. muddy in comparison between the two boxes. so it's all enclosure less about the sub imo

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Veteran
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
12w6v3 sealed sound great but I want a bit louder, I think I'll go with the Brahma the Brahma 12 are 1000rms perfect for my amp and hope it sound good as W6
Good choice. I’d go small ported and low tuning with the Brahma personally. 1.75 cubes at 28-30hz will give you decent output and sq.

Inverted

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jul 7, 2019
I had two 10in Brahmas and now i have the W6 and prefer it. Wasn't all that impresses with the new version of Brahma, but maybe that's just me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds