Question about multiple slot ported boxes...

Participant count
  • Participant list

ItsDaPhattsta

Im not sure if this would be the right place to put this, but, I am a novice in the car audio world and I was wondering if there were any problems with having two slot ported boxes in the same vehicle. My reason for asking is because I have a caprice wagon and I am looking to build custom enclosures to fit in the rear on both sides of the car. Basically if you were sitting in the third row seating, look left.....a slot, look right a slot. I would like to conceal the speakers while still getting a ton of sound. Long story short, when you look in the back of my vehicle, you wont see anything but what looks like covered factory panels. Anyways, my question, although the more I think about it sounds more dumb, does anyone know if there are problems, or conflicts I should say, with running two slot ported boxes? I have this strange feeling that there would be some sort of conflict and I don't know why. Any information on the subject would be great. Thanks.

Where are the subs? are you going to fire them down? Or are you thinking about band pass type boxes? In an case you will be fine, just keep the boxes and subs the same.

Thanks for all the information guys. Sorry I want replying to the thread. Apparently I didn't have my notifications set up to email me when there was a post. Anyways I'm not really sure what woofers I plan on using. I'm on a budget. Lol. Who ain't anymore right? Anyways I was kicking around the Power Acoustic MOFOs and BAMF woofers and amps. I have a couple friends that has had some good luck with em. Then I was thinking bout some Hifonics maybe. I want some good sound but I also wanna make some noise occasionly. As far as the box goes I was thinking something like a band pass to conceal the speakers. Haven't decided yet. I wasn't too sure about the boxes, but I originally imagined there wouldn't be an issue with two of them in the same vehicle. If i did build two boxes they would be identical in port size and air space. Ill kick it around and post info once I get started. Thanks again and any more info is always welcomed.

I see you are in dayton, Parts Express does a car show every summer. You should stop by and see some real systems. I would also check out SSA Dcons. They might be out of your price range but will give you an idea of what a real sub should look like. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I also suggest that you look for one sub to start, and then add another if you want, and as funds allow. One good sub beats two crappy ones every time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.