Question about amps and ohms

jmunoz123

I don't know much about hooking up systems, but I just recently bought 2 12" Pioneer Premier Champion Series and its hooked up to a Nitro 1200W amplifier. I see these speakers online being sold by 2 ohms and 4 ohms, My subs are 4 ohms, I just want to know if i were to get a new and better amp, is it possible to switch them to 2 ohms if the amp can support it, even though the subs say 4 ohms?

For example I want to buy this amp.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19352

I want to set them at 2 ohms pushing 900 watts, is it possible?

I think you mean you have 2 dual 4 ohm woofers. You can run a final load of 1 ohm and get some nice amps.. It really depends on your budget... Look into a diamond audio 1000.1.. Stout amplifier that is reliable and pretty affordable.

I wouldn't touch that kenwood you have up there and it won't do what you need it to.

find out if they are dual coils and the rms power ratings of the subs and we will be able to reccomend things to you easier.

I know this, pretty much anything is gonna be better than that nitro

Alright I'm planning on buying a third Pioneer Premier, I need some suggestions on some good amps, nothing too expensive just something to make them beat nice.

If you need the subs specs there at the link above.

Those kenwood kac- amps are good amps for the money, I have the 1700 watt peak model. I'm not saying they are dd z1's or anything but they take a beating and are cea compliant.

I have imine pushing 2 12's in the trunk and took first in the usaci 0-600 stock in portland oregon last month.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.