Question about amp.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cmberges1

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've looked everywhere (even the manual) and am stumped so far. The amp is JL Audio JD400/4. My question is can i run a component set (4 ohms) on the front 2 channels and a sub (2 ohms) bridged on the other 2 channels? Should be a simple one and I should know the answer but I'm at a loss. I've tried to search everything about the amps wiring and can't find if the amp is 2/3/4 or what. Don't ask why i bought the 4 channel amp (guess I thought about rear speakers before I realized the truck didn't have rear speakers). Anyways, help or ideas?!?!? Thanks

I've looked everywhere (even the manual) and am stumped so far. The amp is JL Audio JD400/4. My question is can i run a component set (4 ohms) on the front 2 channels and a sub (2 ohms) bridged on the other 2 channels? Should be a simple one and I should know the answer but I'm at a loss. I've tried to search everything about the amps wiring and can't find if the amp is 2/3/4 or what. Don't ask why i bought the 4 channel amp (guess I thought about rear speakers before I realized the truck didn't have rear speakers). Anyways, help or ideas?!?!? Thanks
It is stated in the manual that 4 ohms is the minimum for bridged channels. I would not run a 2 ohm load on the bridged channels.

Page 10 -

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...