quarter wave t-line for pair of 8in

all glued and sealed off with port painted black

testing location of led in port

led glued down and led wires ran

green led board i made screwed on and wires glued and ran in corner

will try to get off work early tomorrow to finish the speaker holes, speaker wires run, 45s, glue top on.

Im trying to round the port off. Its not very good tho.

But the port line is 78in. Long

And 6in wide. 8.5in tall.

I got about 51sqin of port per foot.

cut out speaker holes and wired it up

test fit in my car( **** it was a tight *** fit!!!)

wanted the port to be faceing the rear but it was hitting the back of the car so i have it firing forward.

now im going to break in the speakers till this weekend and drop the 45s in and glue and seal the top off

did a quick pounding with the box and its tuned a bit higher than im used to but i have to remember that these are 8in sub and not 12s or 15s.

but in my opinion so far this is sounding pretty **** good and most important LOUD.

it pounds at the tune point (41hz) and gets pretty low (25hz) and sounds good at that low but i think because the port is firing forward the low note dont have time to travel b4 it gets to me, so i think the lows COULD sound alot better if i flip the box to fire the port back.

but i know the 45s in there should make a difference in the sound and sealing off the top.

so stay tuned more to come plus videos too.

Very cool design man! Putting in wave guides will help but you won't get much more in the way of low end response out of it with the tuning that high. I've done a few lines for high Fs drivers that were tuned to Fs and they didn't do well on the lows. However, when tuning is below Fs even a high Fs sub will do well down low. Of course, you've probably figured out by now that not so good on the lows is still a lot better with a t-line than pretty good on the lows is with a conventional ported box, lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing some videos. :)

this is my first attempt at a t-line design and honestly not used to the higher tuned boxes but its kinda kool to be this loud of just two 8in subs on only 600 watts.

i used the dd-1 to set my deck, eq(line driver), and amp was at -10db test tone.

but yes vids will come out this weekend when im not waking and shaking my neighbors up lol. ill go to a park or something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Joemon

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Joemon
Modesto, ca.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date