Audio Anarchy 2008 Tundra SQL Build

bbeljefe

CarAudio.com Elite
This build is going to be an all DD SQL build for one of my very first customers at Audio Anarchy and so far, it's been a lot of fun. Partly because it's a super clean truck & partly because the customer isn't cheaping out on anything but mostly, because he's a really nice guy who I'd happily buy a beer, sit and chat with for hours and never become bored. And it's really good that he and I get along so well because he's doing a lot of the wiring and such himself, in my shop. But that's only because of the aforementioned... especially given that he's using equipment that I don't sell. But who knows... maybe we'll be building this thing out again with CT Sounds gear some day. :)

Enough blathering and on to the fun stuff. The equipment list thus far:

Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT head unit

2 - Digital Designs SS4a 4 channel mid & high amps

1 - Digital Designs M4 sub amp (second planned for future)

6 - Digital Designs AW6.5 midbass drivers

2 - Digital Designs AW 3 midrange drivers

4 - Digital Designs AT28 tweeters

4 - Digital Designs 2512 D2 subs (to be upgraded with second amp)

1 - Rockford Fosgate 360.3 processor

6 - Batcap 2000 batteries

A lot of Sky High Car Audio 2/0 & 1/0 ofc power wire, 8g & 12g ofc speaker wire and miscellany

1 - Execution Audio 320 amp alternator

Alarm and GPS tracking unit with GPS module well hidden and with its own onboard backup battery.

And lastly, custom door panels for the mids and one set of tweets, a custom iPad console and a ¼ wave transmission line blow through, designed by my customer and I.

The truck, before fender flares and camper shell were added:

TruckOnlyBefore_zps1c4b0251.jpeg

Door panel progress:

2013-11-07_13-09-58_577_zpsb25e245e.jpg

2013-11-13_12-11-47_987_zpsfd7f872e.jpg

2013-11-13_13-21-09_648_zpsff9b2bb2.jpg

2013-11-15_20-35-11_664_zpsbf52c279.jpg

2013-11-15_20-35-26_318_zps10201520.jpg

Amazing how great the door panels you made matches the factory panel. What material did you use? It looks just like the factory may have molded it, hell it loooks better than factory.

Thanks a lot guys. He got the power wiring into the bed of the truck today and I think he got the signal wires there also, so we should be starting on the subwoofer box sometime in the next few weeks.

I'm pretty stoked about this one because it's gonna be the first t-line I've done for 4 subs and it's gonna be a blow through so it will be hidden. The hardest thing about it will be getting all that cone and "port" area through that small space, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.