quantum audio??

I bought 2 of the qsa1500 from a buddy of mine for hella cheap. There's no way they do rated power. I'm gonna actually go get it bench tested this week andmpost up the results. It's supposed to be 1500@2ohm 750@4ohm. It wouldn't surprise me if it was at half that.

I bought 2 of the qsa1500 from a buddy of mine for hella cheap. There's no way they do rated power. I'm gonna actually go get it bench tested this week andmpost up the results. It's supposed to be 1500@2ohm 750@4ohm. It wouldn't surprise me if it was at half that.
Post the guts.

let see these bad boy's!

Those are not all that poorly built, I have seen much much worse.

More then what I expected.

Atleast the Board fills up the heatsink //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Those are not all that poorly built, I have seen much much worse.
More then what I expected.

Atleast the Board fills up the heatsink //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I honestly don't know what I'm looking at inside the amplifier. But I know it does it's job and doesn't even get the least bit warm no matter how hard I beat on it.

i've seen and heard the 4000 watt model in action and it slammed 4 15 cv vmaxs. did a 147 at the dash on tl. at .5 daily never went into protect on anything, for the $ not terrible won't win any sq awards but will put some bump in the trunk.

I had one of these amplifiers before. Some guy at a car audio dealer sold it to me for cheap. I used it to push a 15 and it tended to overheat when i turned it up. I would not recommend buying one of these unless you plan to not use all the power. Aside from the overheating the amp sounded okay.

I had one of these amplifiers before. Some guy at a car audio dealer sold it to me for cheap. I used it to push a 15 and it tended to overheat when i turned it up. I would not recommend buying one of these unless you plan to not use all the power. Aside from the overheating the amp sounded okay.
mine doesn't get warm at all. Although I'm only running it 4ohms

mine doesn't get warm at all. Although I'm only running it 4ohms
Same here, mine doesnt get warm at all and i run mine at 1ohm all day long pushin 2 of the quantum audio 12s. And to say the least, mine aint quiet the hit pretty hard. I have the 2000 d and it might run 1100w@1ohm on a hott day...

ask away i am a dealer. they are peak ratings and that amp will run @ 1ohm all day if you know how to set one up(no bass boost,proper gain setting).

peak is half rms on these amps except for the classD quantum cupric amps they are about 1/3 labled power on the amp. i know i said something to them about it, but i got this is for the average person and they like to see that speal.

quantum audio is part of db research maker of db drive which is there higher end. quantum and db drive subs and componets are some of the best out there in the price point and this is what they r known for. try a db drive sub or componet sometime they are A+ quality and sound...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.