quality sounds front and rear?

most people dont use rear speakers at all... they are quite pointless in a vast majority of installs.

for starters, you can easily put a set of components up front, in the floors, dash, doors, a-pillars, etc... while in the rear you are pretty much limited to coaxials or point sources. you can put components back there, but the aiming is harder and they are usually in a less than ideal area.

also, if you have a proper front stage, the imaging should carry to the rear seats with no problem. in my car my front component set is just as loud in the rear seats as it is in the front.

thirdly, rear speakers will pull the sound stage towards the rear of a vehicle. while this is only important to audiophiles and competition vehicles, it is still something to consider, and it goes along the same principle as the point made above this one.

lastly, they do nothing but consume extra power and money. why spend money on something that you dont really need? and why spend even more money sending power to it?

you are better off(in most installs, remember) only spending the money on a quality set of front speakers, and putting nothing in the rear. and one last final thought to leave you with... how often do you drive your car from the back seat? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

.......... and putting nothing in the rear. and one last final thought to leave you with... how often do you drive your car from the back seat? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hehe actually there is no back seat at all.

its a two seater

its a 1994 nissan 300zx.

properly only need a split in the front

a sub at the back.

should work

adding the extra 2 rear speakers that not sure will make a diff

properly make it louder thats about it?

In some cases, you may not even notice much of a SPl increase due to cancellation. I tried it in my car and some of the music spectrum dropped by over a decibel, overall it was a increase though, albeit a crappy sounding one.

i disagree, i think rear fill is necessary..

based on time correction (smiling @ alpine), you can really balance the sound where no matter your location the sound is exactly the same esp if you're in the front seat.

i say get good front comps and good rear comps as well as a nice sub to go along w/the wonder mids and highs.

i disagree, i think rear fill is necessary..
based on time correction (smiling @ alpine), you can really balance the sound where no matter your location the sound is exactly the same esp if you're in the front seat.

i say get good front comps and good rear comps as well as a nice sub to go along w/the wonder mids and highs.
i guess?

in this case

there is only front seats

no rear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I tried listening to my components without the rear fill, and overall the sound output was really lacking. I do agree that the rear seems to put out more sound than the fronts, but it isn't all that bad. Like was said, if you like how it sounds with rear fill, and aren't into competitions, it will great to get some rear fill. I myself, like the surround sound, and will probably always use rear fill. So basically it's all opinionated, so don't do something cause everyone thinks it's the best, because you are they one who will have to listen to it everyday.

If your stereo sounds empty with only the fronts running, then you have a lacking frontstage....which is a setup problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if you are willing to let your OEM speaker locations limit your system, then sure use rearfill........I stopped being lazy and better positioned my highs and people cant tell i only have a pair of separates putting out all that sound-and it does sound better front and back.

The need for rear fill seems to be determined on a car to car basis. My 95 eagle talon simply sounded better with rear fill. It just sounded thin without it. In my 02 GTI rear fill does absolutely nothing. I'm sure placement of the factory speakers has alot to do with it as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.