Quality head units?

They'll get loud around tuning. Mine are around 140 @36-38hz. But I went from 1 death penalty 15 on the same amp doing 145.6 so it was a pretty big downgrade.

I was running 3 sa8s on a dd m3 at 0.66 and they were around 143 in a trunk

Before condemning the existing unit verify that it has a very good ground to solid metal.

Sometimes even good installers get lazy with good grounds

I have the Alpine INE W960 and it has been great

Before that I had a pioneer Premier that was flawless for 5 years

I just got kenwood x301 and may not be kind of unit u looking for but the 5v preouts, xovers and 10 different types of eq and sound enhancers, time alignment, display choices and dimmer WOW it's loaded and sounds amazing (i have cheap speakers) really hard to believe all it has $119.. only thing i don't like is cd eject button is tiny, everything else about it is awesome..

I just got kenwood x301 and may not be kind of unit u looking for but the 5v preouts, xovers and 10 different types of eq and sound enhancers, time alignment, display choices and dimmer WOW it's loaded and sounds amazing (i have cheap speakers) really hard to believe all it has $119.. only thing i don't like is cd eject button is tiny, everything else about it is awesome..
X2 nice hu !

Both are. As is the 163
yea but its killer because you have the PRS80 which is boreder line SQ and the p99rs which is reference but nothing in the middle. so at this point for a Three way setup you are better off with a good deck with a single high quatitly D/A good isolated preamp section thats just a pass through unit and a audison bit ten.

so my CD players for sale.

Is the display readable in sunlight? That seems to be a problem with a lot of radios, even stock radios are easier to see in sunlight a lot of times.

Is the display readable in sunlight? That seems to be a problem with a lot of radios, even stock radios are easier to see in sunlight a lot of times.
well not many displays are great in sunlight, it's not as good as factory was but I'm sure most aren't..

you'll need to go with pioneer or alpine if you want readability in sunlight.

Its also not the head unit's fault, sometimes the shape of the car's dash is soo fked up that with any head unit, you'll get sun glare. Some cars have that misfortune. only thing you can do is get head units with obnoxiously bright lights which pioneer and alpine are known for. Kenwood has pretty weak overall brightness throughout most of their models.

Not gonna steer you wrong when it comes to what you need for sound quality and how things will work with your setup bud! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I've not owned a Kenwood unit so can't comment but I've owned Alpine head units since the mid 70's and they have all been great...some more so as I moved up to units with more features but even the basic units worked great.

Just make sure the unit is installed correctly by someone who knows what they are doing.

Good luck and tell us what you wind up with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.