Purpose of battery terminals?

Participant count
  • Participant list
What is the point of battery terminals?
Couldn't you just keep putting one ring terminal on top of the next one? I see no point in multiple posts, somebody please tell me why these things exist
Putting a whole bunch of 1/0 with ring terminals on one bolt can get pretty difficult when it's more then 2 or 3 wires. Also a lot of us are **** about cable management and the terminals make life a whole lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the point of battery terminals?
Couldn't you just keep putting one ring terminal on top of the next one? I see no point in multiple posts, somebody please tell me why these things exist
Depends on what style terminal your battery has.

It looks cleaner, and I have way too many wires going to my battery up front to just use a bolt and run the wires directly off the battery.

8 wires with proper thick lugs stacks way too high. With cheap shit lugs, you'd have to offset them and I don't think there would even be enough room

Putting a whole bunch of 1/0 with ring terminals on one bolt can get pretty difficult when it's more then 2 or 3 wires. Also a lot of us are **** about cable management and the terminals make life a whole lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on what style terminal your battery has.
It looks cleaner, and I have way too many wires going to my battery up front to just use a bolt and run the wires directly off the battery.

8 wires with proper thick lugs stacks way too high. With cheap shit lugs, you'd have to offset them and I don't think there would even be enough room
Okay thanks guys! I wasn't planning on doing more than 3 wires myself, I can totally see if you were going to do more than 4 that it would be necessary, even maybe three would be the max, i just see a lot of terminals for sale for only 3 wires and it seems so pointless, thats probably because it is, but i can see if you were doing a huge build that you would need to buy some.

Okay thanks guys! I wasn't planning on doing more than 3 wires myself, I can totally see if you were going to do more than 4 that it would be necessary, even maybe three would be the max, i just see a lot of terminals for sale for only 3 wires and it seems so pointless, thats probably because it is, but i can see if you were doing a huge build that you would need to buy some.
Yeah, 8 lugs wouldn't look nice on one bolt, lol.

I like the look of the blocks

IMG_20160802_105208_099_zpsfo7h6mfq.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.