head unit problem/whine

Participant count
  • Participant list

jcor925

Pioneer AVH-X4800BS head unit. Ive had a whine coming out of my speakers for a few months regardless if the engine is on or not. I thought it was a ground loop but went through all the troubleshooting and still have the noise. Today i figured out that when you turn the display off (with the display off button) the noise totally stops. Ive never heard of this before, do you think the head unit is defective or is some wiring/ground still causing the whine when the display is on?

Pioneer AVH-X4800BS head unit. Ive had a whine coming out of my speakers for a few months regardless if the engine is on or not. I thought it was a ground loop but went through all the troubleshooting and still have the noise. Today i figured out that when you turn the display off (with the display off button) the noise totally stops. Ive never heard of this before, do you think the head unit is defective or is some wiring/ground still causing the whine when the display is on?
How To - Car Stereo - In Pursuit of a Noise-Free System: The Ten Commandments of Noise Prevention

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.