Purchasing a new 4K Mono Block Amp

I bet the next few posts will be unable to directly answer your question and will instead respond with broader questions.

Following because I am also interested.

I bet the next few posts will be unable to directly answer your question and will instead respond with broader questions.

Following because I am also interested.
Do you have the electrical to power a 4k?
What size wire are you using?
Are the seats in the vehicle leather?
What's your mom's middle name?
Does your cat have a social security number?
All these questions are very important to actually answer the question!

(I know you didn't ask the question...I couldn't resist though🤣)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::poop:I just about passed out laughing at this one!!!!

I’m looking at getting a new 4K amp and I was liking at either a Sundown Salt 4K or the new Down4Sound JP43. I would like to hear your guys feedback on either amp.

The Down4Sound does require to have a Big 3 installed, an upgraded alternator, and a reserve battery to get their warranty. Do you have these? I don't think Sundown requires that with their Salt 4K, but with such an amp maybe you should have all those extras installed, if you haven't already.

Either of those amps look a whole lot better than the Taramps Smart Bass 5. If you compare the pics of all the amps (Taramps, D4S, and Sundown), the D4S and the Sundown look like a serious amp. That Taramps looks like a toy in comparison.

You might, also, want to look at the US Acoustics Big Ben. It's not quite as powerful at the rest (3500 watts), but build quality is top notch and gives you a 2-year warranty. And, it's regular price is $850.

Your cat has hands?
-Johnny Depp

Taramps is full bridge while the others are half bridge which is why you think the Taramps is a toy.

If you’re wanting to run a 4K amp, it’s common sense you need the electrical to back it up.

The Down4Sound does require to have a Big 3 installed, an upgraded alternator, and a reserve battery to get their warranty. Do you have these? I don't think Sundown requires that with their Salt 4K, but with such an amp maybe you should have all those extras installed, if you haven't already.

Either of those amps look a whole lot better than the Taramps Smart Bass 5. If you compare the pics of all the amps (Taramps, D4S, and Sundown), the D4S and the Sundown look like a serious amp. That Taramps looks like a toy in comparison.

Did you just say Sundown doesn't require big 3 for their 4k amp?????

Yet that toy amp does 5k from 0.5- 2.0 ohms.

really2.jpg

I'm not a fan of the salt amps, but that's just personal opinion. The D4S stuff seems to test well on every amp dyno I've seen, but that's only half the story.

I haven't heard either of them, and if I was buying a 4k amp I would have to agree with pop, go get a Smart 5 or Smart 5 bass. I'm running the smart 3, and have been for over a year now and it's been nothing but good times.

Full bridge is the way to go if you can follow instructions and keep your voltage up. If not, go spend a grand on a Korean so you don't smoke anything.

Matt

The replies are priceless on this topic... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Electrical
Stinger 250A High Output Alternator
Big 3 Done
1/0 wiring
Agm d3400 under the hood
Agm d3400 in the trunk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...