Punch to modern audio

wcs61

Hello. I am new to this site but need a bit of help with my project.

First I will give my current setup on my UTV.

Pioneer stereo to two 6” speakers. The stereo USB went out, I do not use CD’s due to the vibration and never use the radio.

What I have hidden on my shelf is my old Punch 45 amp that is still in great condition.

I want to use the P45 and a Bluetooth receiver but apparently I still need something between the two to transmit the Bluetooth signal to the amp. I will then install better speakers to easily handle the amp output with minimal distortion.

With so much modern equipment out there today what do you suggest I install. Since the P45 is two channels only the new device will need to be four channel so I can add additional speakers up front.

It needs to be a small device and easily hidden in the overhead console.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are several bluetooth receivers out there. Just depends on what you want. If you want a display or not. It should have rca outputs on it that you can run directly into the amp. That's what I have on my 4 wheeler.

I have a small receiver that has to be plugged into an auxiliary port on a stereo or can be adapted to rca with the included pigtail. I plan on using my iPhone or iPod to transmit a signal to the Bluetooth receiver.

Once I connected the receiver to the amp via rca connections and connected the iPod to the receiver no sound came out of the speakers.

The Punch45 “in” can be RCA connected or hardwired.

But I am searching for a diagram or manual to verify this.

I have a small receiver that has to be plugged into an auxiliary port on a stereo or can be adapted to rca with the included pigtail. I plan on using my iPhone or iPod to transmit a signal to the Bluetooth receiver. Once I connected the receiver to the amp via rca connections and connected the iPod to the receiver no sound came out of the speakers.

okay you are overcomplicating this.

All you need is a bluetooth head unit.

This is an amazing sounding unit for the money https://www.crutchfield.com/S-eNJ0l64JwHf/p_105KDX340B/JVC-KD-X340BTS.html

Then you would need an RCA cable that connects from the back of the head unit to your amp to get signal. then speaker wires connecting the amp to your speakers. Most if not all speakers should handle your amp with a proper high pass filter put on them which the head unit has. Distortion is normally caused by either an overload of bass which the high pass filter will take care of or the amplifier does not have enough clean power to get you to your desired output cleanly, very rarely is the cause for distortion from the speakers themselves. You dont need a diagram, there's rca plugs on your amp labeled input... its not that hard to plug rca to rca.

vdkopb.jpg

I have a small receiver that has to be plugged into an auxiliary port on a stereo or can be adapted to rca with the included pigtail. I plan on using my iPhone or iPod to transmit a signal to the Bluetooth receiver. Once I connected the receiver to the amp via rca connections and connected the iPod to the receiver no sound came out of the speakers.

You need to have a switch or something to turn on the amp or just put a jumper from the positive input to the remote terminal on the amp to turn it. You can get an ignition on switched signal from the the back of your ignition switch just use a multimeter or test light to make sure it’s 12v positive switched with the ignition and run that to the remote turn on connection for the amp. To run a switch connect a wire from an always on 12v positive source such as the battery and run a simple on off sealed weather resistant switch and that way you can have the amp on even if your just sitting making out with your old lady and don’t want to have the ignition on.

okay you are overcomplicating this.
All you need is a bluetooth head unit.

This is an amazing sounding unit for the money https://www.crutchfield.com/S-eNJ0l64JwHf/p_105KDX340B/JVC-KD-X340BTS.html

Then you would need an RCA cable that connects from the back of the head unit to your amp to get signal. then speaker wires connecting the amp to your speakers. Most if not all speakers should handle your amp with a proper high pass filter put on them which the head unit has. Distortion is normally caused by either an overload of bass which the high pass filter will take care of or the amplifier does not have enough clean power to get you to your desired output cleanly, very rarely is the cause for distortion from the speakers themselves. You dont need a diagram, there's rca plugs on your amp labeled input... its not that hard to plug rca to rca.

vdkopb.jpg
He’s adding Bluetooth input adaptor and hook it up but his issue is getting the amp to turn on since it’s getting no remote signal from a deck.

He’s adding Bluetooth input adaptor and hook it up but his issue is getting the amp to turn on since it’s getting no remote signal from a deck.
I know but i'm pointing him in the direction of a proper head unit instead. Results with an adapter is iffy at best.

I know but i'm pointing him in the direction of a proper head unit instead.
I don’t see the issue he’s not going to gain much from having to worry about spending money on a more modern head unit if he just wants BT anyway.

He did state the Hu USB doesn't work. therefore a new HU would be a wise move, if it were me. And doesn't have to be an expensive HU either....less than 100 bucks w/ tons of options avail.

I don’t see the issue he’s not going to gain much from having to worry about spending money on a more modern head unit if he just wants BT anyway.
overall signal quality, sound quality, bluetooth quality is vastly superior by far. EQ, time alignment, crossovers, up to date bluetooth version 3.0/4.0, 4 volt preouts... etc.... You severely underestimate the value of a good source and how big of an impact it has on the whole sound system. Head unit is the brain, you have a severely mentally retarded brain but an athletic body, you'll still be useless in a sport. From his comments about changing speakers and minimal distortion that to me is a tell tale sign of a poor source or some other issue regarding signal/audio tuning and settings.

With a good head unit, he wont even need to spend money on better speakers. The head unit I recommended, he can literally turn garbage speakers into halfway decent speakers via tuning capability alone and decent speakers into great speakers.

overall signal quality, sound quality, bluetooth quality is vastly superior by far. EQ, time alignment, crossovers, up to date bluetooth version 3.0/4.0, 4 volt preouts... etc.... You severely underestimate the value of a good source and how big of an impact it has on the whole sound system. Head unit is the brain, you have a severely mentally retarded brain but an athletic body, you'll still be useless in a sport. From his comments about changing speakers and minimal distortion that to me is a tell tale sign of a poor source or some other issue regarding signal/audio tuning and settings.
With a good head unit, he wont even need to spend money on better speakers. The head unit I recommended, he can literally turn garbage speakers into halfway decent speakers via tuning capability alone and decent speakers into great speakers.
I hear you on some of the points I mean hell I still run my CD8053 because of the insane SQ but I’m framing this in its proper context dude is wanting a nice simple solution that will save him hundreds of dollars that he can put towards his 4 channel amp he wants and this is a UTV install it’s never going to be a super SQ application. He could get one of the decent quality BT only small form factor sealed Mini h/u specifically for his application that can be controlled and EQ’ed over a control interface app from the manufacturer and still save over going with another full HU.

If the issue is that OP wants to leave head unit right out I believe I saw someone mention amps that just take bluetooth signal at some point in the past..

I think the issue is OP is looking for a simple dongle to plug into the amp to manage BT audio signal, but I could be reading that wrong either.... Anyway, I don't believe such a device exists.

If the issue is that OP wants to leave head unit right out I believe I saw someone mention amps that just take bluetooth signal at some point in the past..
I think the issue is OP is looking for a simple dongle to plug into the amp to manage BT audio signal, but I could be reading that wrong either.... Anyway, I don't believe such a device exists.
Yes it exists. JL, NVX and wetsounds all make one. Just a little bluetooth reciever box. Has a remote output and rca output for the amp.

All controls and volume have to be done by the phone.

They also have bluetooth only controllers that can be mounted in very small places that allow volume and track adjustment so you don't have to pull your phone out. I have one like this on my 4 wheeler. It works great. And they are fully sealed so no water issues like with a headunit

You can do it with any bluetooth receiver add on some just have 3.5mm jack which you can break out to RCAs or they have RCA outs along with a 3.5mm jack.

This would be a good compromise meant for the application water resistant and two rca preouts.

KICKER KMC2 | KICKER®

Yes it exists. JL, NVX and wetsounds all make one. Just a little bluetooth reciever box. Has a remote output and rca output for the amp. All controls and volume have to be done by the phone.

They also have bluetooth only controllers that can be mounted in very small places that allow volume and track adjustment so you don't have to pull your phone out. I have one like this on my 4 wheeler. It works great. And they are fully sealed so no water issues like with a headunit
Cool for non car applications or stealth installs in antique cars with no or antiquated radio mounting options. Good to know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.