protected car audo lines

any car audio company that "protects" the living crap out of their products obviously doesn't want to make money.

any car audio company that "protects" the living crap out of their products obviously doesn't want to make money.
Actively working to maintain the value of the product, as well as standing behind dealer networks, is the best thing for the industry and for consumers. If you haven't been bitten by an online store selling B-stock, refurbished, returned or counterfeit product as new, genuine product, there's someone out there like you who has been ripped off.

Take a look at any of the recent influx of cookie cutter speakers, amplifiers, and subwoofers and tell me what they're doing to better the industry. You have to have more than just "good enough" product to persist, especially when many online shoppers will jump ship to the next cheaper brand that claims to offer more for less money.

It makes car audio manufacturers more money to be able to sell products directly to the customer rather than have two middle men (distributor and retailer) raise the prices considerably to make a profit. Products at retail stores sit there longer because of that, which means the manufacturer can't sell enough because they aren't moving well enough at retail prices.

But if the retailer is taken out of the picture, maybe even the distributor (like Obsidian), then the manufacturer can sell more units directly to the customer for the same price they sell to distributors and make a crap load of money due to low prices.

Car audio has been growing in popularity because the majority of people can actually AFFORD it now.

I just ordered a PPI black ice monoblock. You think Precision Power would ever get my money had I not been able to get the amp at such a low price? Hell no.......I probably wouldn't be into car audio for long to ever consider it, given the insane retail prices out there.

Once all retailer's are gone consumers will then be wanting us back. Alll I know is those of us that are honest and try and actually help will soon be gone everything that is good about audio is out the window its about the cheapest you can buy something nothing else. Its ******* frustratin

im ×2 with Digital Designs not allowing internet dealers.. as well as Atomic Loudspeakers. . I use to be an Atomic dealer when I worked in a shop and they have a strict policy that even if you run a shop and sell in store they don't allow you to sell their products online or they said they would revoke my dealer agreement with them.

You're focusing on one business model only: sell 'em cheap and sell a lot of units. This is not the only successful business model. It's just the one you prefer.

I can tell you aren't old enough to know anything but Internet sales and how it changed everything. Yes, there have been good things resulting from this new way to purchase things, but it's come with downsides.

It makes car audio manufacturers more money to be able to sell products directly to the customer rather than have two middle men (distributor and retailer) raise the prices considerably to make a profit. Products at retail stores sit there longer because of that' date=' which means the manufacturer can't sell enough because they aren't moving well enough at retail prices.
But if the retailer is taken out of the picture, maybe even the distributor (like Obsidian), then the manufacturer can sell more units directly to the customer for the same price they sell to distributors and make a crap load of money due to low prices.

Car audio has been growing in popularity because the majority of people can actually AFFORD it now.

I just ordered a PPI black ice monoblock. You think Precision Power would ever get my money had I not been able to get the amp at such a low price? Hell no.......I probably wouldn't be into car audio for long to ever consider it, given the insane retail prices out there.[/quote']

I think the w h o r e of the Internet is maxxsonics you can buy them anywhere anytime you would have to be insane to be a dealer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

d77543020

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
d77543020
stockton ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date