new here looking for advice

tlpatter

Hi all. Im new here so I hope i am posting this in the right section. Well i figured that its about time tha I get rid of the factory infinity garbage in my 02 ram 2500. I plan on buying all of my components now and then installing in a few months when it warms up here. I have a game plan but i would like to here opinions. Here is what i have in mind:

Replace my front and rear speakers w/ infinity 6.5s. I already have one set just need to buy another. I plan on running them off of a 4 channel amp. Dont really know what brand yet, just want something good that wont break the bank. I am open to opinions.

I plan on getting a fox acoustics box that goes under the rear seat (CXC-210-94), As far as subs i am leaning toward image dynamics idq10 v2. Plan on running them off of a 1000w mono class d amp. Again dont really know what kind yet so open to opinions. Another option for the subs might be kicker cvx 10's but i dont know if those would be the right subs for the enclosure i have chosen.

I will probably go ahead and replace the factory tweeter with infinity as well while im at it. Last i know i will need a two amp installation kit so I would like to know every ones opinion on what kind as well. Like i said im not looking for the cheapest thing out there... just want the best bang for my buck.

Am i on the right track guys? Thanks for every ones input.

Hey bud I have a 2005 ram quad I just installed a fox box and love it. I'm running a pair of alpine type R's wired at 1ohm 1200watt's and if I turn the level above 0 on my hu it's far more then what I need. I listen to all types of music. The fit and finish are great. If you want on me your email or # and ill get you some pics and if you like some video. I can't help with the rest I'm running stock doors for now but will probably go alpine again because of how impressed I am with the subs.

Rock solid 4-channel on a budget? PPI BK800.4 for Class A/B or P900.4 for Class D. Both can be had right around 200.

As for running the IDQs in a FoxBox, just make sure the box specs match up well with the IDQ specs. It would be a shame for you to be running such great subs in an improperly-sized enclosure.

The IDQ's are a good choice for SQ. I can't figure out where the CVX's came in? 2 totally different subs. And the CVX's are way overpriced imo. Take a look in the classifieds here as well for subs and amps. Lots of good sellers and good equipment for sale.

The IDQ's are a good choice for SQ. I can't figure out where the CVX's came in? 2 totally different subs. And the CVX's are way overpriced imo. Take a look in the classifieds here as well for subs and amps. Lots of good sellers and good equipment for sale.
Im limited to the sub that i used because of the mounting depth. The fox box has a max mouthing depth of 6" and has .74 cu per side, so i think the id's would be ideal. I was looking at cvx's because they are more available on Craigslist, which is probably the only way i will buy kicker b/c i also think they are over priced when u buy the brand new. As far as amps, just picked a used kicker 350.4 on ebay for 80 bucks. I will keep an eye on the classified ads as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.