Protect mode?

01tundraon6s
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY JUST SAYING BOSS IS **** BECAUSE I KNOW.

HES NOT BUYING A NEW AMP EITHER.

My brother has 2 boss amps 1 to his 12's and 1 to his 10's

We noticed his 10's werent bumping at all, so i checked the speaker wires they are intact, the power wire is connected, the remote wire is connected. And the fuses arent blown.

Then i saw its going into protect mode.

What could cause this exactly? I know there have been threads about this but does anyone have an idea on what could cause it?

Its a BOSS Chaos SE950

check the ohm load of each coil, if you have a bad coil it could be sending the amp a ohm load it cannot handle. also you could have damaged the power to the amp inside the amp causing it to go into protect mode..

and why does he have 12s and 10s? pick one size.

could be a multitude of things.. how old are they? electronics die after a while.. especially lower quality. what are they stable at and what did he run them at? hows the inline fuse? check it closely.. had a hairline crack in mine and it sent my amp into protect.. try turning the gain down with the amp on sometimes that works..

check the ohm load of each coil, if you have a bad coil it could be sending the amp a ohm load it cannot handle. also you could have damaged the power to the amp inside the amp causing it to go into protect mode..
and why does he have 12s and 10s? pick one size.
Hes got 2 12's and 2 10's in his impala because he couldnt fit 2 more 12's.

Hes got stock alt with 4 gauge wire to both amps.

could be a multitude of things.. how old are they? electronics die after a while.. especially lower quality. what are they stable at and what did he run them at? hows the inline fuse? check it closely.. had a hairline crack in mine and it sent my amp into protect.. try turning the gain down with the amp on sometimes that works..
Almost a year old now.

And he is running them at 4 ohm rms matches the sub and amp are both 300 rms at 4 ohm.

Each sub is reading 4 ohms and each channel is reading 4 ohms. We disconnected the amp for 12s and just left the 10's amp plugged up and it still went into protect. i turned the gain all way down still went into protect.

anymore ideas?

have you tried checking the ground wire to the amp? they will protect if the ground isnt getting a good connection..

if you have good voltage at the amp, try unhooking the speaker wires, and the rca jacks. if it still protects, the amp has a internal short and will need repair..

The amp is chrome and theres a spot looks like it burned or something so im guessing it got too hot..and needs repair. I tried everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.