proper wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list

m4i2k2e2
10+ year member

this is my chin bank
ma
i have some 14 gauge thhn around the house. itsd actual wire that electricians use. me and my father are electrians so, i figured id use that. will that effect the performance of the tweeter, because im getting disortion out of the tweeter. also if the magnet is to close to metal will it cause distortion? thanks for any and all help.

is that a solid wire? you might wanna spend the cash on some actual speaker wire. there was also a discussion on here about the capabilities of CAT 5 cable.

Lol, why would you use cat5? that would cost more than some decent 14g... Except that I have 500 extra ft of it.... hmm

Could you link me to the discussion? or summarize it for me?

its stranded 14 gauage but, its really thick stuff. its not as flexible as speaker wire. anyway i bought some speaker wire. what about that magnet being to close to the metal, will that effect the performance? thanks.

-mike.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.