Project: wifes old school Camry

Dialed in the delay and channel levels today as well as the XO points/slopes. I need to take some base measurements and start setting the EQ now. The EQ is a litttle intimidating to me. I haven't had this many bands on each channel before.

headunitinstall001-1.jpg

headunitinstall002-1.jpg

headunitinstall003.jpg

headunitinstall004.jpg

headunitinstall005.jpg

cool beans!!!

now you need to carpet all that white crap that you can see behind the 3sixty.

i like the old RF stuff (amps\subs) and the whole theme of things, but RF is such an obligitory name in car audio it would piss me off to show some one the car and they would say "yea rockford is awesome!!" and i would roll my eyes and automatically feel like an idiot.

sweet install, and great choice of OS gear. i like the theme, but it would just make me pissed off to be my own install lol. sorry about the rant //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

cool beans!!!

now you need to carpet all that white crap that you can see behind the 3sixty.

i like the old RF stuff (amps\subs) and the whole theme of things, but RF is such an obligitory name in car audio it would piss me off to show some one the car and they would say "yea rockford is awesome!!" and i would roll my eyes and automatically feel like an idiot.

sweet install, and great choice of OS gear. i like the theme, but it would just make me pissed off to be my own install lol. sorry about the rant //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yes, I will be covering that protecto-wrap crap. I am an RF fan but not to the extent of idiocy. It is as obligatory as JL, but meh.

seriously man i bet that substage blows balls, If Im wrong inform me, not tryin to hate
I don't think it does. A basshead will think it blows. It has enough output for me and I love the natural sound. Free air setups blend into the front stage so seamlessly. I just don't care for ground pounders anymore. Output is the last thing I care about.

My wife has admitted she is still a basshead though and wants more output. If it was my car, I would leave it.

Depends on the car, new BMWs and Mercedes are extremely unreliable, in fact they are some of the most unreliable cars on the market. I also think it's stupid to look at cars as investments, my theory is buy a car, run it until it's dead then buy a new one, 5 years without car payments saves you more than a good resale value.

Honda and Toyota are the best foreign cars imho....We had a 93 Honda Accord up until 2 months ago when i totaled it after having my license for about a week...had about almost 200,000 miles on it and still ran good. We then bought a 92 accord in good condition...with alot less miles for cheap. For a 92-93 to still be worth around 2000-3000 depending on condition is amazing to me!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Played with the EQ today. I have one word for that many bands for each channel, TEDIOUS. What's sad about it though is I feel it is missing some paras. The 3sixty.2 is nice, but they really need to add at least 5 para bands with fully adjustable freq. and width. After a day of playing, this is where I ended up for now. These old school comps really needed some eq. The sub was relatively flat out of the box though.

response.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.