Project: wifes old school Camry

I still have a roll left sitting in the garage. I am gonna go back over what is left with more heat and see if that will help it. Maybe I didn't use enough heat the first time.

Not a big update. I just made some simple MDF mounts for the amps and installed them to check fit. Nice and simple.
This weekend I will remove the amps and baffle and rid the trunk of carpet and plastic, so I can start covering holes.

camryinstall001mini.jpg

camryinstall002mini.jpg
your wife a happy camper? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Is she enjoying it?

Well after looking at Saturn Skys for her leased work car we all 3 (me. wife, boss), decided against such an impractical car (very fun car though). I resisted against the final choice, but was outnumbered and the final decision was an '08 Camry. The wife really loves this car. I will admit it feels solid, but if it was my money I still wouldn't buy foreign. I just can't.
If you don't remember or never seen the thread with the Old School RF hardware going in, here is the thread http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255738

Here is the victim and start of this install.

mini-installcamry001.jpg

mini-installcamry002.jpg

mini-installcamry003.jpg

mini-installcamry005.jpg

I have decided on an infinite baffle alignment for the subs. These 1st gen HX2s model well in a large sealed, so I think they will be acceptable. Since I am past my days of output is king I am sure that department will be adequate. This will be my first IB for a car which is another reason to go for it. Last but not least I think it will look good and give maximum amount of trunk space. Here is the initially proposed layout. Pretty much a basic old school kiss approach.

mini-installcamry006.jpg
HX2's don't perform well IB at all, I've done it.

your wife a happy camper? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Is she enjoying it?
anyone who knows me, knows I move in slow stages lol. I have all the pieces I need and baffles made for the door speakers and of course the trunk baffle made for the sub. I just haven't gotten down and dirty with the final install. It's funny that this was bumped as I did more work today. I installed the head unit.
HX2's don't perform well IB at all, I've done it.
If she isn't happy with the output then it will be easy enough to build a box and switch up the game on it.

Here are some pictures of the tint and the HU install.

headunitinstall001.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

headunitinstall002.jpg

I hate that deck with a passion. Buddy has it in his neon, well from a while ago and it felt so cheap to me. I am sure it suits you just fine, but not my cup of tea for a deck.
Tint looks good.
Well the main thing was to get an old school RF HU to complete the theme. I really wanted to get the 1st gen RF units, but just couldn't find one in proper shape and the correct options. I do agree with the cheaper feel. The first gen feels like a tank compared to this 2nd gen. Then the 3rd and final gens were too blingy for me. So this deck is a good compromise. I keep a look out for the one I really want still.

Pretty much finished the install to the point where it can be demoed. Everything else is just cosmetic and final touch and I will get more pics up when 100% complete. After demoing a few days my wife has decided that the aesthetics aren't worth the low output lol. I actually love the sound and they blend so nicely with the midbass. They are digging low, but overall output is definitely down. It looks as though I will be doing a 3 cu ft Sealed enclosure for them instead. Ported will eat too much space in her grocery getter. Sealed should add enough of an output boost for her. If not, back to the drawing board again lol.

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

You could use some techflex man. checkout furryletters store on eBay, he sells cheap.
I don't like covering power wire. it doesn't offer that much more protection and why buy a colorful power wire just to cover it? It is an unecessary step IMO and I will never use loom or tech flex or any other covering. The wires are secured firmly and won't be moving and can't be seen under the carpet. Why bother?

Haha, wow, another user name for IamDeMan, how many names do you have? Anyway, car looks sweet, I wish I had any skill at all in doing stuff like this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.