Project: wifes old school Camry

Pimp ****! Liking the IB choice. Are you going to do any type of deading to the car, or just say F-it?
The car is pretty quiet already and it is a lease, so no to all the deadening of the cabin. In the trunk I will seal all holes leading to cabin with some cheap butyl based roofing sealer and apply it over the sheet metal the baffle is attached to. Other than that, f it.

The car is pretty quite already and it is a lease, so no to all the deadening of the cabin. In the trunk I will seal all holes leading to cabin with some cheap butyl based roofing sealer and apply it over the sheet metal the baffle is attached to. Other than that, f it.
Link or pic to what your talking about? Might prove useful to me in my build

Flame if you all want. This wasn't meant for deadening. I wasn't spending good money on deadening for a lease in the attorneys name my wife works for. This was only done to seal as much of the trunk as possible from the cabin. This stuff is butyl and may have some deadening characteristics but it is so thin that it will be minimal. It sticks great and is easy to form. It is also cheap. It did what I wanted it to.

seal005.jpg

seal004.jpg

seal003.jpg

seal002.jpg

seal001.jpg

IB and you still have speakers in the rear parcel shelf? Bad idea.

Also, if this is a true SQ install, and being IB I asusme that's your main goal, id turn the subs around. Id be concerned about motor noise.

I hope I dont sound crirital, all in all I like what you did. Not enough IB's around these days.

IB and you still have speakers in the rear parcel shelf? Bad idea.
Also, if this is a true SQ install, and being IB I asusme that's your main goal, id turn the subs around. Id be concerned about motor noise.

I hope I dont sound crirital, all in all I like what you did. Not enough IB's around these days.
You won't sound critical to me. I enjoy everyones thoughts.

Motor noise: wife will drive with seats up and the fabric will attenuate those nuances. However you have a point when I am in the car with seats down and full tilt I may get slap and other noises. This however isn't my car and she wanted it this way for looks and maintain maximum trunk.. Let's remember who this is for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Speakers in deck: This install has just gotten started and I haven't made a decision on that yet. They won't be powered thats for sure. I thought of leaving them there to keep a seal, but understand they may act like a PR if there is enough pressure in the trunk. If it causes a huge issue, then it is an easy fix.

SQ to an extent is wanted, but above all it just has to please the wife. This mean better than stock without sacrificing looks, too much room, etc. She wouldn't no absolute SQ from Bose, so it is a moot point. If it is my car and owned by us, things would be A LOT more critical.

If SQ at all costs was the total goal then don't you think I'd deaden the **** out of the whole car with some thick quality pad? That alone is severely putting me behind the 8-ball in SQ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You make some good points. Id forgotten this was your girl's car. Hell, you are a saint for giving her any bump at all. I wont touch my g/f's car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You make some good points. Id forgotten this was your girl's car. Hell, you are a saint for giving her any bump at all. I wont touch my g/f's car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Heck I couldn't even get an aftermarket deck in my girls ride. She likes factory and old factory at that, lol! Hey whatever, saves me money in the long run.

Well, you all should have flamed. I will need to do something better.

DO NOT

I repeat

DO NOT!

Use Protecto wrap under any circumstance. It is an apparent waste of money. While the initial stick is great, it quickly wears off and I have pieces peeling and coming off on their own. They use this on our homes? This **** is proving to be worthless.

Eek! Want 100sqft of fatmat? I will let it go for 100 smacks shipped, brand new. Just took it out to see if it was all there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I don't need that much to do a trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.