Project, 16 8's in a Bandpass IB Clamshell...In a Stratus.

Ordered some vacuum bagging supplies, should get here tomorrow but I don't want to rush it, if I find time this week I may try it.

Other than that I am contemplating a new design to help get away from the technical cancellation/restricting problems on the clamshell. Did some measuring and a few calculations trying to see if I could even fit it in my car. So far, there is hope. I may try it.

Dude, this is looking awesome. I have had all the wood for my new box but no time to build it yet. This has inspired me to get off my ass this weekend and get it done if it is not too cold. 38deg in Toronto right now. **** Canadian weather. Keep posting pics and yes I will be doing a build log for my plain old sealed box. Nothing near this cool.

Lol, thanks. Have fun with it!

So I tried doing some cf today, I dont know how it will turn out until I unwrap it tomorrow. I hope it looks good, if not, I'll have to try again and do another layer, this time individually.

So uhh, here is was the vacuum bagging looks like.

DSC02776a.jpg

DSC02777a.jpg

DSC02778a.jpg

DSC02779a.jpg

DSC02780a.jpg

DSC02781a.jpg

Funny how the only thing we ever see that truck doing, is being used as a table and tool storage. If it's an F150, I guess that's the best use of it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

So, the vacuum bagging goes on over the cf/resin and pulls it tight to the panels?

Neat stuff, can't wait to see it done.

Jay

been mostly lurking and following this thread and the previous build up of the trunk with the 18. Dang that car has come a long way. I don't think I could handle that wiring would throw my mind for a loop lol. The doors and a-pillars are looking great, gonna be loud and sound good all at the same time.

Dang that CF is sexy, can't wait to see it pulled off. Looking forward to the rest of the progress, so far its looking great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't know how this is going to sound good???? I think this is overkill to the max, while I love the outageous install and like your work. This is going to sound horrible IMHO. 3 tweeters and 3 woofers in each door is definitely not needed, I won't even get started on the 16 subwoofers. I guess if your going to competing in SPL you might have luck, but I don't see this thing winning in SQ.

A: not supposed be SQ, have you even looked up the point system, it's crazy I dont have the time or money to compete in that!

B: SPL not really, this is just a system for me, yeah I'll visit and enter shows, but its just for fun.

C: It will sound fine, I don't know why you think it will sound so bad, the tweeters are eye level and will be aimed fairly well, however the woofers not so much. 16 subs will work like 1 sub, quality wise, they don't move as much under normal volume, so it's quite possible they will not distort a whole lot as the coils move in the gap less than a single speaker would at the same db level. I tune everything to my liking since I don't have the equipment to measure the cabin gains and adjust a EQ to flatten out the frequency response. However I do have an oscilloscope so that I can at least set the gains correctly.

The only thing that seems a little overkill to me is the tweets. But Im sure they could be toned down.

The mids....well who can have too many mids?

I likes it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I don't know how this is going to sound good???? I think this is overkill to the max, while I love the outageous install and like your work. This is going to sound horrible IMHO. 3 tweeters and 3 woofers in each door is definitely not needed, I won't even get started on the 16 subwoofers. I guess if your going to competing in SPL you might have luck, but I don't see this thing winning in SQ.
thanks for pouring yourself a glass of haterade.

i can send you some more if you like.

Well I gave it another shot today, this time I only did one, and it was looking much better before I decided to vacuum bag it, I hope it doesn't form any creases otherwise I'm going to give up on this vacuum bagging stuff, because I think it probably would have been fine without it, but I did it anyway.

The doors are probably going to be complete hell to do compared to the pillars, hopefully not as bad as I am thinking. However, on the bright side I am starting to get a hang on working with this stuff, as delicate as it is, and the epoxy has a much longer working time and is overall better than that polyester resin! I'd almost use it all the time except its **** expensive.

No pics, as I wanted to concentrate on this attempt!

The only thing that seems a little overkill to me is the tweets. But Im sure they could be toned down.
The mids....well who can have too many mids?

I likes it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It's and active setup, so yes the tweets can be toned down, all the slopes can be adjusted from 6db to 24db, and adusted across the entire frequency range. I can lower the tweets signal, or lower the gain on their channel on the amp.

I appreciate your dedication and hope all goes well with the CF but,I wanna see the out come pass or fail:(

GL
Ah, sorry!!! I'll get good pics tomorrow of the progress on the CF, maybe tonight, but its not likely seeing as I have school.

It's and active setup, so yes the tweets can be toned down, all the slopes can be adjusted from 6db to 24db, and adusted across the entire frequency range. I can lower the tweets signal, or lower the gain on their channel on the amp..
Oh snap! I didnt know you were active. Noice!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.