professional cost to install 2-ch amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

M@nJo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area
my current setup is a mono amp thats connected to my subs, components up front, 3ways in the rear and a premier HU. i want to amp my component speakers up front but i believe ill have a hard time runing wire through door hinges and whatnot. so i was thinking of letting the pros do it. since there is no need to run a power wire or anything difficult, how much should i pay for a shop for labor only to run the speaker wire (ill be taking care of the remote/ground/power) to my front components only? *i have all wires ready from my own possesion*

i would do it myself but i got no place to work on my car (not even my own backyard due to an @ss landlord and unpatient neighbors). plus, my speakers are connected with electrical tape anyways so hopefully the shop would use some sort of speaker connectors for a professional finish lol.

what you guys think?

my current setup is a mono amp thats connected to my subs, components up front, 3ways in the rear and a premier HU. i want to amp my component speakers up front but i believe ill have a hard time runing wire through door hinges and whatnot. so i was thinking of letting the pros do it. since there is no need to run a power wire or anything difficult, how much should i pay for a shop for labor only to run the speaker wire (ill be taking care of the remote/ground/power) to my front components only? *i have all wires ready from my own possesion*
i would do it myself but i got no place to work on my car (not even my own backyard due to an @ss landlord and unpatient neighbors). plus, my speakers are connected with electrical tape anyways so hopefully the shop would use some sort of speaker connectors for a professional finish lol.

what you guys think?
My quote today for a single amp/sub setup was 90 bucks.... Installer was gonna do it on the side for 50 bucks.... Friend was gonna do the whole thing for 25.

called up one of the better shops in town, $100 just to hook the speaker wires to the door panels and rears.

i think im gonna find a park or empty lot.

this is the first time ever i will be amping my car speakers. (4-ch amp...yes i changed my mind heh) so i got few questions if you dont mind:

1) http://www.crutchfield.com/S-BYKgzOSFdRd/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&id=morephotos&pi=4&i=500MRPF240&display=XL#Tab

what are the speaker level inputs for on the very right?

2) channel 1+2 are the front speakers while ch 3+4 are the rears, correct? on the same photo, would i want to run the rca's into the "INPUT"?

3) i will need 2 sets of RCA's, correct? (assuming 1 RCA pair = an X and Y plug, which one pair will be for front speakers and one pair for rear speaks).

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-BYKgzOSFdRd/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&id=morephotos&pi=8&i=500MRPF240&display=XL#Tab

4) on the photo right above: each speaker is connected just neg to neg and pos to pos, correct? (ch 1 = front left, ch2 = front right, ch3 = rear left, ch4 = rear right)

5) do i just wrap the speaker wire around the speaker coil the or are their special speaker harnesses that i must have?

6) my front speakers are 2-way components, so i have crossovers, how do i go about that? and if im correct, a component crossover has 6 sections, 2 for tweets, 2 for mids, and 2 that connect to the original speaker harness?

sorry for so many questions, just need som clearifcation before i do anything stupid,

thanks

1) incase you dont have a rca signal to put into the amp, you take the signal from the speaker wires from the deck (assuming it doesnt have rca pre-outs) and hook them up there to get a signal.

2) yes, and yes.

3) if you plan on running that amp for front and rear speakers then yes, you would need 2 pairs of rca's.

4) yes

5)could you explain what you mean some more?

6) yes

~Magick_Man~

thanks for the reply, on #5, what i meant to say was; would i need any speaker harnesses to amp my components or do i just run the wire directly to the crossovers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.