Problems with US Acoustics and the ZEB

Participant count
  • Participant list

Night Pirate
10+ year member

Cali
Well I bought 3 US Acoustics amps from the zeb audio. One for my components USX-2080, and two for my subs USX-800D. Well Im getting a static sound from my components especially when the bass hits...also this is when my engine is running.

I called the Zeb and they directed me to US Acoustics which I sent detailed info on my problem and things that I have checked. Including making muting plugs and trying a test speaker to no avail. The only thing that got rid of the noise was to install my old amp.

I get the amp back about two weeks later and install it and same problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif So I call the Zeb asking for help as this is my reciept info from them:

======== Warranty Policy: ======================

All products sold (unless otherwise noted) are covered by a warranty, which is

either ZEB's in-house 1-year warranty (see paragraph below), or a warranty

transferred to you by ZEB, or come directly from the manufacturer (varies by

brand). In the case of a 'transferred manufacturer's warranty', the product is

serviced by the manufacturer, but require ZEB to submit the item for warranty

servicing on the customer's behalf. -In this instance, we will direct you to

send the product to us for warranty servicing.

Additionally, ZEB Audio provides our own 1 year limited warranty on everything

we sell, protecting against product defect. We offer our own additional warranty

to help assure customers & alleviate any concerns about the manufacturer's

warranty. This warranty is run simultaneously with the factory warranty.

As a side note, we have found that most manufacturers stand behind their

products regardless of whether or not you purchased directly or indirectly from

an authorized dealer -they are obliged by Federal law to do so, in fact.

However, regardless whether a manufacturer takes responsibility for their

product, we will back up what we sell.

If you experience a product failure (due to manufacturer defect) & would like

your product warrantied, simply call us @ (704) 883-0123 & we will direct you

appropriately depending on the product

He not so politely told me that I took to long in telling of this problem as it had been 5 months (note this is after having it fixed once and testing everything myself)....I read the warrenty:

Additionally, ZEB Audio provides our own 1 year limited warranty on everything

we sell, protecting against product defect. We offer our own additional warranty

to help assure customers & alleviate any concerns about the manufacturer's

warranty. This warranty is run simultaneously with the factory warranty.

Guess they didnt mean what they promised....

I then called US Acoustics from there and was told to go to this local stereo shop that sold US Acoustics to have them look at it. I take it there and he listens to it and tells me its an interference problem that the amp isnt filtering out because of the low quality noise filters in the product.

So here I am with a crackleing static sound in my comps and neither the Zeb or US Acoustics will do anything. Just a fair warning to all that you never know a company until you have a problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Night Pirate

Originally posted by Night Pirate no, but my old amp in it's place is perfectly silent....
i would think it's the car since according to you, there is no static noise when the engine is off.

which amp has the static noise, and what amp do you have (old one).

it might be a ground loop. simple fix, you can go target (or similar store) and get a ground loop isolator, a friend of mine bought his for $14. and if it doesn't fix your problem, you can always return it:)

u might also try getting a different/better ground spot.....make sure there is no paint on the spot and that it is good and tight....good luck...let us know what happens

Originally posted by GSteg i would think it's the car since according to you, there is no static noise when the engine is off.

which amp has the static noise, and what amp do you have (old one).
The USX-2080 has static as I said before.....my older amp is a special edition by phillips sound labs - 1993

Originally posted by Moocow16 it might be a ground loop. simple fix, you can go target (or similar store) and get a ground loop isolator, a friend of mine bought his for $14. and if it doesn't fix your problem, you can always return it:)

Already been done to no luck.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

besides its just the USX-2080, my replacement amp runs fine

Originally posted by Goddyd4me u might also try getting a different/better ground spot.....make sure there is no paint on the spot and that it is good and tight....good luck...let us know what happens

Have tried several and only this amp makes the sound as I have my old amp as a tester with all wiring the same //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif and no noise at all

Also I've made muting plugs for the 2080 and a test speaker and the noise doesn't go away

Originally posted by Night Pirate Thats right, and that's the amp that powers my components.
ooh, that *****. well i've got no ideas how to fix it. i'm just glad it's that model, cuz i'm looking forward to getting the USX-1000D from thezeb.com:)

Originally posted by Moocow16 ooh, that *****. well i've got no ideas how to fix it. i'm just glad it's that model, cuz i'm looking forward to getting the USX-1000D from thezeb.com:)
Good luck with it, I havent had any problems with my 2 USX-800D's yet heh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.