problem with subs exerting each other out in wall

this would be very difficult ha
Well, it should fix your problem. It sounds like there are pressure hot spots building in the enclosure causing some drivers to see a higher acoustical pressure and some see a lower acoustical pressure causing those subs to rely more on their electro-mechanical system to control them without much assistance from the enclosure.

it sounds like the subs are bottoming out and i cant tell but it seems like it happens to random subs not the same ones all the time

And that means one of two things... 1) you have some damaged drivers or 2) what I said earlier.

Try localizing which drivers make the noise and then switch one with a driver in a different location that doesn't give you issues. See if the problematic subs still have issues or not. If they don't and the other subs start having issues, you need to fix your enclosure or go with a whole new design.

you might have to separate into some separate enclosures like said, you have some uneven loading probably due to some being closer to things on the interior like the walls or bracing, honestly doing that many in a wall I would have done like 2 separate enclosures to begin with

you might have to separate into some separate enclosures like said, you have some uneven loading probably due to some being closer to things on the interior like the walls or bracing, honestly doing that many in a wall I would have done like 2 separate enclosures to begin with
i could prob do two seperate chambers on the inside. it will get me closer to recomended box volume too.

And that means one of two things... 1) you have some damaged drivers or 2) what I said earlier.
Try localizing which drivers make the noise and then switch one with a driver in a different location that doesn't give you issues. See if the problematic subs still have issues or not. If they don't and the other subs start having issues, you need to fix your enclosure or go with a whole new design.
i was saying before it doesnt seem like the same subs do it every time. ill have to test it more to see. but i plan on switching over to a ported design relatively soon so do you have any suugestions for the new box to work out better for me? i think id likee to do aeroports not slot to save space, and i may just use big cardboard tubes from lowes

i was saying before it doesnt seem like the same subs do it every time. ill have to test it more to see. but i plan on switching over to a ported design relatively soon so do you have any suugestions for the new box to work out better for me? i think id likee to do aeroports not slot to save space, and i may just use big cardboard tubes from lowes
Cut down on 90* corners and keep drivers away from being directly next to an enclosure wall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.